Sunday, September 1, 2013

I am buying a new digital camera, what kind should I buy?

highest megapixel camera for kids
 on samsung ES65 10.2 megapixel new | Tk. 5,000
highest megapixel camera for kids image



Allison


I mainly take family pics and action shots at kids' games. I like taking outdoor, indoor, and night time shots. I don't want to spend a fortune, but need a good camera.

Also, I know the higher the megapixel the better... but what about the zoom, and other things they list out on a camera? what should I concern myself with?



Answer
You must ask yourself several questions first.

what am i using for?
will i carry it everwhere?
do i want zoom?
what kind batteries?
what kinda memory card?
how many megapixels?

first 3 questions will help with compact and full bodied.
as zoom camera are for the most part larger.
dont go for over 8MP, as picture quality actually decreases.
compacts tend to have smaller ccds. so dont go over 6MP.

Try to find a camera that take AA's, and either CF, or SD memory cards. these and around to stay.

I like the Canon s3 for zoom camera.
and for compact Canon PowerShot A710 IS is good.
sub compact you might have to look around.
or the SD600 is good too.

hope this helps

What type of camera would take a picture of this good quality?




Jan


http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_4a7cb726ddd94899818d5e6ac53d8951.png


Like, it just seems of such high quality. Is it the megapixels, or is a type of setting?
Because I ordered a 10.1 megapixel camera, but I don't know if there's more to a good quality picture than megapixels.

I'm new to this whole camera thing. xD



Answer
Of course there's a LOT more to photography than megapixels! To get a good quality picture you need to have enough lighting (and also the right kind of lighting). But if you have enough light and you hold the camera steady, then pretty much any decent camera can take a picture like that. In fact, there's really nothing special about that picture at all. Some girl just held a camera above her head and took a picture of herself. You'll see a million other pictures like that on MySpace. At least her picture is clear and in focus, unlike most of the pictures that the emo kids take of themselves on MySpace.

But don't get fooled by megapixels. That is definitely NOT the most important thing. You can take decent pictures even with a 3 megapixel camera. What's more important is the quality of the lens, and the lighting. In fact, I can take very clear, super sharp and detailed pictures with a manual 35mm FILM camera.

Just to give you an example...I took these with my Argus C-3 camera. It's a vintage 35mm film camera, with completely manual exposure. (I take mostly landscape photos)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/gatewaycityca/FL000003.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/gatewaycityca/FL000017.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/gatewaycityca/LakeFulmor600DPIdresized.jpg

I know everyone seems to think that photography is all about megapixels and taking pictures with a point and shoot digital camera and "photoshopping" them. But the truth is that if you understand the basics of photography, you can take good pictures with pretty much ANY decent camera. I prefer to use a camera with completely manual exposure control though, so I can have more creativity with my pictures.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am buying a new digital camera, what kind should I buy?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment