Sunday, February 23, 2014

Camera Help - Which one to get?




Sian


Today I want to buy a camera. I have thought about this for a while but I have found it hard to choose one. I would like to buy a good camera, that can take very good quality pictures and will last a while. I am not a photographer or anything but I still would like a nice camera that will take nice, clear pictures.

So I guess I am looking at mega pixels here, would 10 million mp suit me?

I have around £100 to spend, give or take a little.

I live in the Uk.

I am going to John Lewis today to look at them.

Could anyone recommend any cameras for me?



Answer
No, 10 million megapixels would be over kill.

But I'm only joking; you (hopefully) mean 10 million pixels or just 10 megapixels.

Look for below, actually. On a compact camera, the sensor is small, so to cram the number of pixels on, they make it smaller, and so more photodiodes and light spaces so that the light keeps going and - well, anyway, you'll have a lot more noise.

6-10 MP is best, preferably 8.

Don't listen to the person above; a hundred dollars and even a hundred pounds won't get you a DSLR or any interchangeable lens digital camera, so...

Besides, DPreview only reviews DSLRs and high/advanced point and shoots.

Where is the best place to buy a DSLR? Internet sites? High street?




Katy


After much much reading up, I'm probably going to get a Nikon D300. But where is the best place to get it? Second-hand on eBay? eBay shops? Trusted high-street retailer?

Most important is probably low price, but not at the expense of it not arriving, for example :P

What's your guys' experience?
Also, when is a good time to buy it? Should I wait until after Christmas? So many questions, sorry!
I live in the UK!



Answer
Don't buy second hand if you can avoid it. Can end up in hassle.

There are some good online shops, pixmania for example, but quite often you can find a small high street shop that will meet the price (Wildings for example) although they might not advertise that policy (for obvious reasons)

check the ebay shops, if it's coming from Hong Kong you might have trouble if it goes wrong; I know people who buy cameras from HK and they do arrive (look for lots of good feedback from someone who's been around for a few years). Make sure it's got an international warranty though, ask the seller.

As to when to buy, well usually it's when the manufacturer has announced a newer replacement model. That's hard to predict, there are several camera expos and that tends to be a good time as that's when they announce new models.

After Xmas is probably a good time if you do want to go down the 2nd hand route, also you might find some shops such as John Lewis discount them in the post-Xmas sales.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Camera Help - Which one to get?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment