Monday, February 3, 2014

How do I compare zoom between point&shoot and DSLR camera?




Robert Mag


I want to buy a camera with really good quality and very high zoom, I see a lot of point&shoot cameras that specify their zoom level, like some new models now indicate 20x zoom.
However, how would that compare to a dslr camera if I buy a telephoto lens or something,
how do I know if the dslr and lens have better than 20x zoom?



Answer
Most cameras now show the focal length in 35mm equivalents. If I take my old compact as an example then:-

It had a 10x zoom. The wide angle lens on this camera started at 25mm. That means simply the "zoom" was 25-250mm in equivalent terms as 25x10=250.

My DSLR lenses on the otherhand are:

18-55mm = 3x
50mm = 0x
70-300mm = 4.3x

Although the crop factor changes the values slightly in 35mm terms (18-55 becomes a 28-80 approx) the 3x "zoom" stays the same.

I think one of the biggest zooms on DSLR is the Tamron 15x 18-270mm

dslr cameras?




krsyyyy


I just started photography, and i want to get a good dsrl camera but, i'm not sure what i should get. they say Canon is the best and now on my list is the Canon EOS 450D. i've got a budget by the way. any thoughts?


Answer
Contrary to popular belief, there are actually other DSLR cameras available. IMO, before you buy any camera, you should at least look at the Sony A200, A300 and A350 and the Pentax K200D and K20D.

Happy camera comparing!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I compare zoom between point&shoot and DSLR camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment