Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Camera Recommendations?




xxookitten


I'll soon be moving and am in need of a camera. I am used to using my family's Canon EOS Rebel and love the quality and freedom it gives with creativity.

I'm looking for something that would be more compact however, as I am moving to Japan and need a camera to keep with me at all times, not just special photo trip occasions. Preferably something that has comparable quality. Brand-wise, I would like to stick to Canon if lens attachments are possible, but otherwise am open to any.

Any help would be great!!



Answer
Getting compact enough to comfortably live with all the time, I think you have to accept a drop down from DSLR quality.
The Panasonic LX7 can fit in a Lowepro Rezo 50 case that can fit on a study belt. It is better than most compacts, but still not as good as a DSLR or CSC in quality. The 3.8X optical zoom is kind of meager.
The new Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 will be available in July. It lacks a hotshoe, but has 7.1X zoom. No hands on reviews yet. I think compactness should be similar to the LX7.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/04/24/Panasonic-announces-lumix-dmc-lf1-enthusiast-compact-with-evf-as-sister-model-to-lx7
I would guess that for something like a view of Mt. Fuji the telephoto would be good to have to make it loom large over the foreground.
For birds, it may not be enough telephoto. For fish you may be coveting a polarizer to filter glare off the water surface. Sometimes you would want a polarizer to reduce the haze in front of the mountains. You may be buying another camera when you get to Japan.

Best camera option for camping and scuba diving?




Chief


I´m getting ready for a camping trip to the Amazon Rainforest and later to a Scuba Diving marathon in Santa Marta, Colombia. I currently use a Canon T3i DSLR camera as my main camera, but because of its size and sheer fragility I have opted not to take it with me.

Originally I was planning to buy a waterproof case for my iPhone as it was the cheapest option, but this wouldn't allow me to take pictures while Scuba diving.

I am an amateur photographer, but I do like quality and so I was thinking about buying a GoPro Hero 3+, but after reading reviews it was obvious the audio quality was is not very good at all. I am now thinking of buying a Canon G16 camera which would allow me to have more control on the overall camera, as well as being able to Scuba dive with it if I bought the Canon Waterproof Case WP-DC52. The downside of this camera is that I can not seem to find a suitable case for it to be protected while I'm in the Amazon.

Please I would like for this community to suggest any cameras and/or gear for the things I already have so that I can take great pictures of my trip!

Thank you.



Answer
I think you are wise to leave the T3i at home, most likely it wouldn't survive.

Maybe your best bet is one of the waterproof cameras. Most companies make at least one model, and Olympus has several in its tough series. Here is a list of the ones that Popular Photography featured in their April edition.
Popular Photography â April 2013
Sony Cyber-shot TF1 - $198 (need reviews)
Fujifilm FinePix XP60 - $198
Pentax WG-3 GPS - $297
Nikon Coolpix AW110 - $347
Olympus Stylus TG-2 - $379
Panasonic Lumix TS5 - $399

This guy reviews some, also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnxn_Ng-1U8




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Camera Recommendations?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment