Friday, February 7, 2014

DSLR or Digital camera for backpacking Asia?




flying_pig


I plan on backpacking SE Asia next summer & am looking into getting a decent camera for it. Currently I only have a shared Fuji digital camera & the 3mp camera on my phone.

I sit worth my while investing in an entry level DSLR? I do alot of travelling & like taking plenty of pictures. If so what model might suit me best or should i just get a decent digital camera?

Nothing to fancy or too expensive - prices would help & i can see if they're out my price range. Just for good pictures taken mainly during the day as my existing phone camera will do for pubs/club pictures.

Any help would be great! Cheers.
I've just spotted a Nikon D40 on Amazon for £220, £130 cheaper than the D60.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?



Answer
Considering where you are going, and what you are intending, I would be considering a small (entry level) DSLR, such as the D40 or D60, but also considering a more compact camera with a large built in zoom - this would be lighter, and more compact than any SLR if you are traveling light.

Maybe check out:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sx1is.asp

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Nikon/nikon_cpp80.asp

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fujifilm/fuji_finepixs2000hd.asp

There are a whole range of others in this same category - they mostly have some SLR features, but are smaller and generally do not have interchangable lenses.

If you are definitely set on a SLR - the D40 or D60 are probably the way to go, but remember that the D60 is a considerably newer model than the D40.

Good Luck!

Where can I purchase an anti theft dslr camera backpack (NOT a sling one) for a Nikon d7100?




Hey there


I am looking to purchase a dslr camera backpack for a nikon d7100. I would prefer an anti-theft one. NOT a sling one, one with two straps. (I will get a sling for my camera too, but right now I am looking for a place to purchase the backpack.) Thank you!


Answer
A good camera bag is a one that draws less attention like the cloak bag....or the national geographic bags... Backpacks are very versatile




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: DSLR or Digital camera for backpacking Asia?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment