Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nikon vs. Sony DSLR camera?




.....


I'm a little new with digital SLR's and I am wondering which camera choice would be the smartest. I'm debating on whether I should buy the Nikon 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens - Black (D3000) or the Sony 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens - Black (Alpha-A330L)
I prices of these two cameras dont matter but I'm looking for best quality of photos bases on user experience!
thanks :)
heres the links of the cameras below:

NIKON:
http://www.target.com/Nikon-10-2MP-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B002JCSV5I/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

SONY:
http://www.target.com/Sony-10-2MP-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B0029U0WY8/ref=sc_qi_detaillink
*based sorry



Answer
Nikon and Sony share the same Sony sensor.
There's a slight difference in the electronics behind the sensor, but Nikon pip Sony at the post for 'perceived' image quality at higher magnifications than you're likely to use or even see. Dead heat.
Nikon does not have Vibration Reduction in the body - each lens you buy has to have VR built-in. The Sony has Anti-Shake built into the body - all lenses are automatically anti-vibration.
Nikon's implementation is slightly better than Sony's - but Sony's goes across the entire lens range at 'no extra cost'.
We could go on all night about the little things. Get a hold of one. Feel it. Try the different knobs, buttons and switches. Personally (more down to my hand size/shape/oddities) I prefer handling Sony cameras - I own both. Your hands are different to mine. You might disagree.

Sony's a330 has a tiltable Live View screen. It means you can hold the camera at ground level and still see the Live View clearly. A better implementation than the Nikon's fixed screen. You could also snap the Sony's screen off, but you'd find it hard with the Nikon....

It's all swings and roundabouts. Image-wise, they're perfectly matched. Handling-wise, the Sony might be better for your hands or vice-versa.

Whichever you choose, however, you're married to it. Buy into a system and stay with it. By the time a few lenses and a flash etc have populated your kit-bag, your camera is suddenly the cheapest part of the kit - you end up buying a camera to suit the kit you have. In this respect Nikon wins - by a hair.
Sony's sensors/electronics produce better colours, though.

Canon vs Nikon dslr camera?




oddperson6


I am looking to buy an slr camera. I have narrowed it down to the Canon XS (1000D) or the Nikon D3100. Does anybody know which one is better, or can you give me some pros and cons if you have used one of the two cameras. Or is there another one you like better? Thanks


Answer
I just upgraded from a 6 year old Nikon D50 camera to the D3100. The Nikon D3100 has everything I need for work related / family / amateur photography in one very adaptable unit. It is easy to take good photos using simple category settings for various situations.

We shoot family photos indoors using the standard 18-55mm VR lens. The camera adapts easily for video using the same lens. The VR does an excellent job of cleaning up the shakes and vibrations. Auto focus does a decent job keeping up with faces & motion. It has basically eliminated carrying an additional video camera for family events. Carry extra batteries. The batteries have about 1/4 of the life of my D50 battery. Video seems to eat batteries more quickly.

I also use my Nikon D3100 camera for work related photography - mostly with a 55-300mm VR zoom lens. I use it for taking photos of architectural projects, finished products, and factory applications for website and promotional purposes, as well as technical documentation. The camera is very adaptable to light conditions and produces professional looking photos with ease.

Using the zoom lens for video is an impressive option, but has some limitations. I was able to shoot video of a children's school program on a tripod with outstanding results. The clarity of the lens and camera's performance captured very high quality long-distance video. The sound quality was a little weak - I could use an external microphone option if available. The lens noise was also noticeable when using both auto-focus and VR stabilization. I recommend using a tripod and enabling VR, but using manual focus to decrease motor noise. It may pick up some VR noise, but the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Overall, I am enjoying my new toy and think it is exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Nikon vs. Sony DSLR camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment