Saturday, June 14, 2014

Include GPS data when exporting photo to iPhone?




Dennis


I have a DSLR camera that records GPS data. I import and edit my photos in Lightroom 4 and I can see the GPS data, including the photos displayed on the map.
I export the photos I liked and synced those to my iPhone. I would like these photos to show up in the 'places' in the photo app, just like photos that I took with my iPhone, but for whatever reason they don't.
I checked the EXIF info in the exported files and the GPS data is there.
What can I do to fix is?



Answer
I'm not totally sure about this but that feature should work if you used the iPhone's camera. When importing pictures from another camera, you may have to sweat it out a little first.

http://mactips.info/2009/04/gps-tells-iphone-and-iphoto-roughly-where-they-are

If you are not on a Mac, you can use any EXIF editing program for that purpose. Maybe Lightroom can do that too.

There there is the issue about OS version but since the feature is relatively old already this may no longer be your case.

APP QUESTION! What is a good photography application for iphone?




Kylee


I had this app where you could choose what type of picture you wanted to take... like take it in black and white, negative, vibrant, stuff like that. I don't want an app where you change the picture already taken before, i want one where it changes the picture as you take it. Please help.


Answer
I can't get this question (about iphone), but it seems the app. you are looking for is the same app. that is known to the world as DSLR camera.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Include GPS data when exporting photo to iPhone?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment