Monday, June 16, 2014

Best Digital Camera?




LoserFace


I'm looking for a new digital camera that can be used for hobby work, so I guess professional level.

I'm thinking of spending up to about 600-700$ at most. Any suggestions?



Answer
It entirely depends on WHAT you WANT the camera to be able to do. Every camera has its pros and its cons. Some camera's will have most of the functions you're looking for, while others will have the ones that the other camera's don't. Its always a trade off, a compromise.
Do you want it specifically for photography or do you want movie mode? Do you want a wide range of zoom, or does that even matter? Do you want the ability to take good macro shots? action shots?

If you're looking for proffesional quality - aim for the higher mega pixels. Go for the pro-summer, or DSLR cameras. Keep in mind, DSLR cameras offer better variety as you can get more lenses later, and when you want to change cameras, all you have to do is replace the body (making sure the new body is compatible with your existing lenses). Lenses though can easily cost as much as a new pro-summer camera; so this option depends on your money situation and your interest in photography. You also will have to lug around any lenses you wish to use when taking your camera with you - so that will mean a pretty big camera case at your side. Pro-summer cameras (like a Nikon 8800) have alot of the same functions as a DSLR, but are smaller in size.

A popular and highly rated DSLR (which I just about bought myself) is the Canon Rebel XT. And now with the EOS 30D out, the XT has dropped in price by about $200 (CDN) from last year.

The camera I bought, I took a chance on as there were no reviews on it available was the Fuji E900. For the most part its a good little camera. The down side in my opinion is the 3inch macro (meaning you have to be 3inches from say the flower you're trying to get a close up shot of); but with it being 9mp this usually isn't a problem as cropping is easy while still maintaining high quality image. To me, its not as good at picking out blues as a Canon is, but its not too bad either. I've found Canon's tend to be better as making colors vibrant.
I strayed from Canon's this time though, especially the other Canon model I was looking at, the S 80 I think it was (though I could easily be wrong abou the name), because everyone at the stores told me that they were having a lot of troubles with the Canon models at the time, and that there were hundreds of customers bringing them back to claim warrenties because of the LCD screens.
I have to send my little E900 in for repairs as it seems to have pixel degridation. Have heard some one else is having the same problem with their Nikon 60.
Chances are if something will go wrong, hopefully it will be when your warrenty is still good.

This is a very good site for digital camera reviews:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Make sure to do your research about the cameras that you are considering, because they may not be as nice as they appear in the adds.

Good luck choosing your camera. Even if you find out after buying one that its not quite right, chances are it'll do just fine till you can buy a new one. And technology changes all the time!
My little camera was one of the top of the line consumer/pro-sumers when it came out, and now it isn't and it's dropped $60; and it hasn't even been a year yet since I bought it (November).

And once you buy a camera - I recommend keeping an eye on the flyers for the entire time you have a price guarantee (if you buy from a store that has that), because you may be able to get some money back if said store, or competition, places the camera on sale.

Happy photo taking.

DSLR Camera?




Richelle N


I'm a university student and would like to purchase a DSLR camera to practice using over the summer to prepare for applying to the photography program at my school. I would like something nice, maybe between $400 and $700 or so, and pretty user friendly but with a lot of manual adjustments. Any ideas of camera types and model numbers would be great!


Answer
The Canon Rebel XTi is a great entry-level DSLR. Most of the photo students at the Art Institute use this camera.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Digital Camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment