Saturday, June 21, 2014

DSLR Camera Question?




astrolover


Hi! Okay, so I'm looking into getting a DSLR camera this Summer. Honestly, I am a little clueless, I've just had the point & shoot type. So, what do I need to know? What's a good optical zoom for it, ect...yeah. Thanks!
@Hondo
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I guess I just like trying new things.



Answer
Don't listen to the first answer. Her camera is a cheap video camera that also takes still photos. It is about as far from a DSLR you can get.

A DSLR does not have zoom. DSLR cameras have interchangeable lenses. The "zoom" depends on the lens you happen to have attached at the time. No offense, but if you are clueless about DSLR cameras, why do you think you need one? If you are really interested in them, I would strongly suggest that you read a couple books about DSLR cameras and lenses before you invest over $500 (that is the cheapest DSLR you can get) for a camera you do not even know how to use.



There's nothing wrong with trying new things, but there are a lot of "new things" I can think of that I would not want to try without a little bit of knowledge first.

DSLR Camera Bennefits....




Freaky Nau


I use a digital canon compact which is arguably in the top 5 for compact. I am after a Nikon D40 with a 18-135MM Lens. What would the camera be able to offer over a digital compact. I know better pictures is the key but what on the lines of features.
My Dad is a photographer and I have had many chances to have/use his cameras many Nikons and the odd Leica. So its not like I need to buy one cheap (as I can use one of his) but more I am after something simple to get into DSLR cameras and learn the essentials to advance in photography. So thats why I am interested in the D40.



Answer
If you're a serious picture taker then switching from your Canon to a DSLR may require a little more than the D40. Sure, it's a decent camera but you're making the switch to something that requires a knowledge of manual SLR settings, like F-Stop, exposure timing (shutter speed on real SLRs) and focusing. If you're comfortable with those things, go a step up and, at least, get the D50. The D70 is, by far, the best value for semi-pro photographers, but that's a quantum jump in price.

With an SLR the most obvious change that photographers are looking for is actually GETTING the picture that they see through the viewfinder. It's a "single lens reflex" not a double lens (one for the camera, one for the viewfinder) or, in the case of some cameras, a digital viewfinder (either a dual with an eyepiece and LCD screen that display the image digitally instead of optically or just the back LCD panel).

If you're really up to spending the money then GET YOUR HANDS ON ONE. Go to your local Ritz camera store or whomever you can find and pick one up. It needs to feel natural, sturdy and the controls should feel intuitive. Play around, a little. Can you shoot off a picture in the first minute or two of picking it up? If not, consider that. There's going to be a learning curve involved. Will that be a problem or are you more comfortable with a point and shoot?

Anyway, a couple of things about the Nikon. Nikon lenses are major. There are more available than just about any manufacturer (including Canon) so you can find them everywhere (umm, eBay anyone?). Plus, Nikon uses a compression engine and buffer that allows you to continuous shoot for something like 170 frames, or more. Not that you'll do that (unless you're shooting a sporting event or world record, or something). What it does mean is that it has the fastest recovery time (time it takes to let you press that button again) in the business. Important if you don't have the reflexes of a panther.

I sure hope that helps you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: DSLR Camera Question?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment