Saturday, June 21, 2014

I want to take infrared photos with my DSLR?




Yuki


Is there a filter I can get to do it?


Answer
You can get IR filters, but. as they block all the visible spectrum of light shutter times will be long and auto focus won't work.

There is an IR blocking filter on the sensor of most all digital cameras which makes matters worse. You can have this filter (expensively) removed and then the camera will be sensitive to IR and shutter times will be normal, but the camera then becomes useless for normal photography.

The easiest way is to shoot a normal colour image and to make it look like an IR image in Photoshop or similar.

People often mistake a digital camera set up for IR thinking it's a heat sensitive cameras like the ones you see on Police helicopter programs, heat sensitive cameras are a totally different and expensive technology compared to digital cameras.

Chris

What is a good RC helicopter to attach a DSLR to?




Anonymous


The cheaper the better, i dont really need fancy extras


Answer
I don't think I would send up a good DSLR, now that I know about the HeroPro that does video and stills for extreme sports... and costs a fraction of what my Nikon costs.

Size & Weight
* Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6â x 2.4â x 1.2â (42mm x 60mm x 30mm)
* Weight: 3.3oz (94g) incl. battery, 5.9oz (167g) incl. housing

HERO® Cameras
* $299.99 HD Helmet HERO
* $299.99 HD Motorsports HERO
* $269.99 HD Surf HERO
* $259.99 HD HERO Naked
* $179.99 HD HERO 960
* $99.99 SD HERO 170

http://gopro.com/videos/flight/

For what you save on the weight capacity of the plane, you might be able to get this camera and a plane! Plus, you do not risk your DSLR.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to take infrared photos with my DSLR?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment