Saturday, September 7, 2013

What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

best digital camera
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best digital camera image



CC


It's an extremely low budget movie.

I would like to use a digital camera to record it because digital cameras are obviously cheaper and easier to use.

Should I record a movie with a digital camera or would it look to cheap? If I can, what digital camera would you suggest? If you say no to the digital camera idea, what other camera should I use (that's low-priced preferrably)?



Answer
What is extreme low budget? It would have been really helpful if you could have told us how much you budgeted for equipment. Trying use a digital camera with video capability is going to give you very crappy and shaky video with even crappier sound. If you want the best audio possible with decent video (640 x 480) then I would recommend the Samson Zoom Q3 Handy Video Recorder for about $250.00. This little device has a professional level stereo microphone so you will capture great audio. If you are looking at something with HD capability then I would recommend the Sanyo Xacti VPC-TH1 for about $230.00. The Sanyo will give you more flexibility and better picture (720p) with decent sound. Trying to spend less $250.00 for equipment to record even a low budget film will result in totaly wasted video and sound. You also have to remember time is money and after spending all that time and effort shooting the film you end with really crappy video and sound.....well you do the math.

What kind of digital camera should I get?




caramel_la


I want to purchase a new digital camera that takes professional quality photographs and has a nice big lens. I can spend up to $700 on it, can someone with experience in professional digital cameras suggest one for me?


Answer
When you say: "... a new digital camera that takes professional quality photographs and has a nice big lens..." you are telling me that you are rather inexperienced with photography.

Repeat this 100 times: "It isn't the camera, its the photographer."

I have never owned a camera that took good pictures or bad pictures. I have used a camera to take good pictures and I have used a camera to take bad pictures. The camera wasn't why I took a good picture and it wasn't to blame when I took a bad picture. "Its not the camera, its the photographer."

If you are knowledgeable about light, composition, f-stops, ISO, and shutter speeds and have the skill to use that knowledge to make a good picture then any DSLR you buy will be fine.

If you don't have the aforementioned knowledge and skill then buying a DSLR will not magically bestow them upon you. They have to be learned.

I suggest at least 2 semesters of photography classes before running out to buy a DSLR. If classes aren't possible, read these books before buying your new camera:

"Digital SLR Handbook" by John Freeman

"Understanding Exposure" and "Understanding Shutter Speed", both by Bryan Peterson.

Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Nikon, Canon and Fuji all offer excellent cameras within your price range.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment