Sunday, April 27, 2014

Is the Nikon D3100 a great entry-level DSLR camera?

Q. I've been looking online for weeks, and I think the D3100 will be my choice as a first DSLR camera. I've become so accustomed to using point-and-shoot cameras and I really want to take the next step up. I've taken mediocre and great pictures with the Nixon S205 point-and-shoot, but I want consistent quality. I know there's a Canon competitor, but I think I like Nikon better.

Just one thing I've noticed is that Nikons in general don't take good pictures in the dark and easily become noisy, even with flash. So, any suggestions? Thanks


Answer
Since you admit to only using P&S cameras you might want to think twice before making such a leap. I say that because if you plan on using a dslr like a point and shoot, that is in full auto all the time, you're going to be disappointed.

I'd suggest a short course, lots of reading and then lots of practice to learn first the relationship between ISO, aperture, shutter speed and light. Then to learn how to use the camera controls to best advantage.

I'm hearing good and bad things about the 3100. But then I have two Canon dslr cameras and I've heard good and bad about them too... so take your pick.

Opinions and deals on DSLR cameras?




randomchic


I am in need of a new camera for a a digital photography class no more than $500. I plan so save up and buy a better camera in the future.

I need a dslr camera that that I can change the Shutter, Aperature and ISO on.

What are your opinions on what camera to get?

What are your opinions on where to get the best deals and what kind of camera to get?

I personally like Cannon cameras. So what models do you suggest?



Answer
Entry level DSLRs are the Canon Rebel T3 or the Nikon D3100 - both just about in your budget.

Stick with Nikon or Canon if you expect to get the bug. They have a better defined upgrade paththat means you won't have to ditch all your lenses when you want a new body.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is the Nikon D3100 a great entry-level DSLR camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment