Sunday, April 27, 2014

Can I travel with my camera lens on my carry-on bag w no problem?

Q. I recently purchased a nikon DSLR camera and some lens that are very, very expensive.

I have a trip coming up on Dec. And obviously I'm very nervous putting them inside my check-in luggage because some TSA or whoever might go & steal it.

I can put them inside my carry-on bag with no troubles going thru the security check points, right?


thanks!!!!!!!


Answer
Cameras are not a weapon and are not dangerous. The TSA people _will not care_ that you have a camera in your bag. No one will.

Never put anything valuable in checked in luggage.

Just leave it all in your carry on bag when you send everything through the x-ray machine. You do not have to tell them you have a camera. I have traveled many times with a digital camera and nobody has every said anything or asked about it. Really. it is just another electronic device, and most passengers on planes these days have several pieces of electronics.

Going through the x-ray machine will have absolutely no effect on the camera or the memory card.

Can I bring my DSLR and film camera onto an airplane with me?




Valerieroc


I have a Nikon D3000 and a Pentax K1000. I'm carrying both with me tomorrow for my flight because I don't want to risk the chances of both getting damaged or broken in the checked luggage. But are they going to have to examine my cameras? And with the x-ray thingie damage my cameras?


Answer
Not a problem, DSLR cameras and film cameras do not require any special checks. Just leave them in your carry on luggage or camera bag and you'll be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I travel with my camera lens on my carry-on bag w no problem?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment