Sunday, April 27, 2014

canon 40d - questions?




Jessie K


I am a beginner, but I'm really eager to learn.
I was thinking of buying nikon d80 but now I'm way more interested in canon 40d.
Do you think it is alright to get canon 40d or would it be too much to learn?
I have no problem with the cost since my parents are willng to buy me one, but I really don't want to regret buying it.
and yes, I have seen the cameras.
Thanks for reading and reply only if you know about dslr cameras



Answer
I've used both the Canon 40D and the Nikon D80. Both cameras are good and solid, great for casual or serious shooting. I like the large LCD on the 40D, and the grip as well. However, the layout is not the best. The ON/OFF switch is in a strange location, making it sort of difficult to pop up and take a picture in the blink of an eye. With the Nikon, the ON/OFF switch is right where it should be: below your index finger. This makes for fast shooting. Out of these two cameras, I would suggest the Canon 40D.

However, if you are going to spend this much money on a camera, you might consider the much much better Nikon D200. It is very strong and solid, and is also weather sealed; just in case you get caught in a rainstorm. Or if you just want to stand out in the rain.... Anyway, out of the Canon 40D and the Nikon D200, I would go with the D200. It's a much better camera for the money.

Whatever the camera you buy, understand that it is nothing without a lens. So, do not settle for the cheapest lens you can find. Nowadays, photographers go as far to say, buy the lens, then camera to go with it. If you were to go by this rule, I would say, buy the 17-55mm Nikkor, and a Nikon D80. That would make for a great setup. Also understand that the lens will and should cost twice or sometimes three to four times more than the actual camera itself. The reason being, lenses will last your entire career, while cameras come and go every few years. Around a year from now, there will be the Canon 50D. Just keep that in mind.

Just a bit of advice, since you are just beginning, it might be a better suggestion to start from the basics. The 40D is a pretty difficult camera to understand, while the D200 is pro level camera. I would strongly suggest learn all you can about photography before your parents drop $1,500 on a camera.

Should I buy the Canon 40D Dslr camera body?

Q. I am new to Dslrs and was wondering if this would be a good fit.. I got an offer for $450 it comes with everything that it came with in the box expect the kit lens. I would buy it but I heard the Canon 40D was kinda outdated..What do you think? is the price good? and what lens should i get if i decide to buy it?


Answer
Actually the 40D is one of the best of the xxD canon dSLR models.

The 50D was a disappointment for many Canon users and the 60D was scaled back from a semi-pro camera to one suited more for advanced consumers.

"With the 60D Canon has unashamedly moved the X0D range out of the 'semi pro' bracket and instead focused on the enthusiast photographer looking to upgrade from their Rebel." -- DPReview

Without a lens, $450 is a little steep. You are going to have to buy a 18-55 mm lens for just under $200 and $650 is too much for that camera. If you can find a used 18-55 mm lens for under $75, then it makes that package worthwhile.

Look on craigslist for a lens and if you can find one, buy the 40D, but offer $400 sighting the lens issue as the reason for the offer at $400




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: canon 40d - questions?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment