Thursday, December 19, 2013

What is the best dslr camera for me?

dslr camera meaning
 on Rent Video equipment HD High Definition Rentals San Francisco | EFP ...
dslr camera meaning image



��


I want to purchase a new camera, and I've been looking at a dslr camera. I am interested in photography and I want a quality camera. This will be my first dslr camera and my price range is between 500-800 dollars. I'm a quick learner and I really want to buy a camera that takes amazing pictures. What should I look for when buying one? How important are megapixels? My top choices are nikon d3000 or the canon rebel xsi. Please help!
Also, is live view completely necessary?



Answer
Hey,

You can get a good DSLR for 500-800$.
Models I recommend are:
- Canon EOS XS
- Canon EOS XSi
- Nikon D3000
- Nikon D5000

I will remove D3000, cause it doesn't have Live View. I use it when I need to check my white balance or when I photograph something still.

If you want video recording, then buy Nikon D5000 or Canon EOS T1i. I prefer the D5000.

Many megapixels are not that important, because all of these cameras have 10MP or more. More megapixels doesn't mean your photos will be sharper, better looking. They just tell you how big you can print your images while quality is still good.

I wrote an article on my blog about 'Which DSLR to buy, what's important, what's not ,megapixels, features and which models I recommend. You can read it here - http://the-digital-photographer.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-dslr-should-i-buy.html

What are all these FF55 - 200 stuff on the DSLR camera lenses?




Michael


I'm getting a DSLR camera for Christmas and I don't know what all these funky letters and numbers mean.

Thanks in advance!



Answer
Labels, Numbers, They stand for different things.

If you just bought a DSLR you can go to the brand DSLR website and find information about such.

55-200 means that the lens has a 55-200mm focal range. Your kitlens has 18-55, in effect from a group shot to a relative thigh shot. And the 55-200mm is a lens in the tele range meaning it can pull closer for instance a bird in the trees.

Ah you can even see it in effect if you move one of the ribbed rings on the lens you see it extend a bit. Now look through the viewfinder and do it again. Hey wasn't that easy!

The other ring is for focussing, it allows you to manual focus if for instance the automatic focus doesn't cuts it [dark outside or something in the way]

What the other things mean..well that depends on brand and lens brand.

I agree with the others best is to buy a book into the basics of DSLR and read it, keep it with you and most important MAKE ALLOT OF PICTURES. The only way you can learn is through experience! And that means actual doing it.

DSLR's are great tools, but at the same time they are tools, it is the person behind the camera that makes the magic happen. Yes it offers auto modes but one of the nicest thing about the DSLR is control. You get the shot as you desire!

So buy a simple starters guide for your specific model [for instance if you own a Nikon 3100 buy a book that with pictures and easy words tell you what the buttons are for and what does what]

Then buy a book about different types of photography and well again with nice pictures inside so you can see what they mean.

Photography is an art, it is something you can almost touch, taste, feel.. but also it is a technical thing.

So just buy some basic books and actually make pictures. Learn the way get hooked on it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best dslr camera for me?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment