Saturday, December 21, 2013

How many megapixels do I need to print really big?

megapixel camera resolution chart
 on While the layout varies by vendor, this is an industry wide technique.
megapixel camera resolution chart image



Sam


I'm talking like huge. You know when you go in fancy restaurants and they have photographs for sale that are like a couple grand, like that. I'm guessing maybe 6 ft long and 4 feet tall. To get those huge prints without any image quality loss such as noise and stuff like that, would I need a Canon 1Ds with 21 mega pixels? Or would a 12 mega pixel Nikon D3 or D300 work for that?


Answer
Well, Thom Hogan has a chart here:
http://www.bythom.com/printsizes.htm

A Canon 5DMarkII is probably the best high resolution camera, due to its (relatively) low price and excellent performance.

Also, might want to consider large format film. Well scanned, they can easily push 100 megapixels, and the basic supplies and cameras aren't very much more than a 5DMkII and a few lenses should cost.

How many pics can a 4 GB in a SD card hold?




jenna


I want to find a chart with how many megapixels per pic vs GB. I have a 14 meg camera and want to know how many pics will each GB hold. I am thinking about getting an 8 GB.


Answer
There is a chart specific to your camera in your owners manual.

That is the only way to figure out the capacity of your 4 GB card. It is not just the pixel count on the cameras sensor, but also the resolution you have the camera set and if you are shooting both RAW and JPEG image files and the quality of the JPEG's

What ever card size is listed, just do the math.

My 12 MP sensored camera with a 4 GB card holds 109 images (I shoot RAW + JPEG fine), the 8 GB; 213




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many megapixels do I need to print really big?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment