Thursday, December 19, 2013

Is there a camera that can go underwater and above water?

dslr camera underwater
 on IKELITE DSLR Underwater Camera Housing for Canon T1I, VGC, Strobe, Arm ...
dslr camera underwater image



candybear


Im looking for a really good camera like a Nikon or a Canon. Ya know good semi professional cameras. Is there one that can go Under and above water. I assume if it can go under water it should work just fine out of water. Does anyone know a camera like this and how much it would cost?


Answer
There are many good point/shoot models with water tight housing that are good to 5 or more meters - and work fine out of the water too.

I use an Olympus Stylus Tough with is good to 3 meters - All I need. (Less than $300)

I don't think the image quailty is as good as my canon DSLR, but it is good enough for the occasional wet work, cost less then the watertight housing for the DSLR and is small enough to be handy and convenient in the water snorkling, swiming or surfing.

What are some really good DSLR cameras for 350 and under?




Rebekah


I really want a nice new camera but i cant afford anything above that, so suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks! :)


Answer
I bought Canon PowerShot D10 camera for a trip to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. I originally acquired it to take underwater pictures, since I own a nikon D40 with a 18-200 mm lens for "landscape" type of pictures, but I got very surprised with its quality as a "general purpose" camera. It takes very balanced pictures and the settings are very flexible. Whenever I went to the beach, I preferred to take the D10 instead of the bulky SLR, and it worked flawless.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a camera that can go underwater and above water?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment