Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Why can't I find an Android Camera app that lets me control exposure?




John


I can't fathom why I'm unable to find a single Android camera app that allows manual exposure control. Is there a hardware limitation that prevents the shutter speed from changing or something?

The built in Android camera actually has 7 different exposure settings (+/- 6) but if you're using the flash, it seems to completely ignore these settings. I'm quite frustrated, all I want to do is take decent pictures without having to pull out my DSLR for simple things such as ebay auctions, but I can't! Half of the pictures taken with the native Android camera app are either over exposed if I use the flash, or blurred if I try to take it in low light settings. Or if I have it setting still, the image is filled with noise (from an ISO setting that's too high I'm assuming).

I'm not asking or even expecting to be able to do everything with an android camera that I can with a DSLR, all I'm asking for is actual exposure control of some sort.

So is there an actual good reason as to why no android app exist that allows one to do this? I've found a few that claim it, but none of the ones I've tried actually had the feature. Most of the apps just go on and on about effects. :\

Thanks!
And right after I submit, I realize that Cell Phones
And right after I submit, I realize that Cell Phones



Answer
try to install some 4-5 star rated camera apps and one of them surely have that mode.

What camera effect to use on food?




nancy


Hi! Just wondering what app and what effect I should use to take photos of food. I tried using just plainly my phone to take photos of them but it looks very dull and not appealing at all :/
I want a kinda blurry dreamy like photo like this:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/Friedtofuuuu/PicsArt_1379160669455_zps6d723484.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/Friedtofuuuu/PicsArt_1379160595314_zps14b38412.jpg

You guys have any app effect like this? :/

And I want to take clear and BRIGHT photos like:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/Friedtofuuuu/PicsArt_1379160759291_zps66fc2fd3.jpg

Which app effect for this? :o

Oh and I'm an android user using samsung galaxy S3. I'm not gonna use a real camera or dslr ><



Answer
No camera effect. Just do the following:
1. Style the food properly (there is a lot to this alone).
2. Light the food properly (there's a lot to this too, but not as much as styling).
3. Take the photo from the best perspective. All three should complement each other.

Other things to ensure is that you get your colors right, aperture, etc. A tilt-shift lens and tripod can do wonders for this type of photography.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why can't I find an Android Camera app that lets me control exposure?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment