Monday, March 3, 2014

DSLR Camera Neck Straps?




GRUMP


Just curious, I purchased a new Lowepro neck strap for my Canon 50D to replace the stock strap that came with the camera. I noticed metal loops at the ends to attach to the camera. Won't these eventually scratch or wear the areas on the camera where they attach? Has anyone have experience with these....just purchased the camera and hate to scratch it all up this soon. Oh, and if anyone has suggestions on a neck strap it would be appreciated. Thanks!


Answer
It can be attached to the camera without the metal loops.
http://products.lowepro.com/Catalog/DisplayImage.aspx?ImgURL=http://products.lowepro.com//CatalogImages/18-2076-IMG3L.jpeg&Title=Voyager S

Rumor about DSLR cameras?




Dale


I do not know much about cameras, but have received a Canon Xsi. A friend of mine told me not to leave it out without a bag or case for too long because dust, etc can get into the camera and alter its functioning in the long term.

Is this true? Should I be worried if I want to carry it for long hours consistently without it being in a bag (though I do put the lens cover on as much as possible)?



Answer
Although entry-level DSLR cameras like the Canon XSi aren't dust and moisture resistant like the higher-priced models they are still designed to be used in conditions that an amateur photographer would normally encounter. Obviously you wouldn't be carrying it unprotected out in the rain or in extremely dusty conditions (like walking along a heavily traveled gravel or dirt road) but other than those extremes just attach the neck strap and enjoy your camera. Keep your camera safe by always having it hanging around your neck from the strap. In 40 years I've worn out a few neck straps but I've never dropped a camera.

However, I do keep a large plastic storage bag (the self-sealing kind) in my camera bag in case a sudden rain shower catches me out.

When I'm out shooting landscapes I leave my camera attached to my tripod and carry the tripod over my shoulder like a rifle. However, I do loop the neck strap around the tripod legs so if the quick release somehow failed the camera wouldn't hit the ground.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: DSLR Camera Neck Straps?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment