Saturday, March 8, 2014

Can I pack my DSLR Camera in my carry-on bag?




death_blad


I'm going on a trip to Europe and I want to bring my DSLR along with me; this is also my very first time traveling on a plane.

I usually keep it in a small padded bag along with the lens, charger, etc., and carry it around with me when I'm taking photos. So I was wondering, can I put that bag inside my carry-on, or do I have to carry it separately (thus making it count as my 'personal item')?

Thank you very much for your help.



Answer
Yes, you certainly can. I always take cameras when I travel and would never put a valuable camera in a checked bag. I had my camera with me in my carry on when I flew yesterday. It does not have to be a separate item if it fits into the bag.

Canon 1D3 DSLR Camera With a 300 f/2.8 lens bag?




Clueless


i am a hobby photographer and i have a 1D Mark 3 and a 300mm f/2.8L cannon lens. i was wondering what was a good backpack type bag that i could buy to accommodate them attached. All i need is a small back pack that would do this. There doesn't need to be anything else in the bag. The price of the bag is not an issue. Please help!!!!!


Answer
Price is usually the constraining factor when it comes to buying camera bags. Pretty much any bag specified for a 328 can be gutted to fit one with a 1D MKIII attached and the hood reversed/retracted. If you want the setup completely ready out of the bag (hood on, body on) then you may need a backpack specified for a larger lens.

Lowepro, Tenba, and Kata are three quality brands that you should check first. The best thing to do is to find a store with a wide selection where you can try them on with your gear inside. The second best thing to do is to find a bag with the features you like and search around for user opinions.

Take a look here to find something you like:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Backpacks-Daypacks/ci/176/N/4291634377

If you want an affordable backpack that will do the job with a little room to spare, the Lowpro Flipside 300 should work for you. It's the cheapest name brand bag that will fit a 328. It fits my 300 2.8 AIS with the hood collapsed and a body attached and it still has room for 2-3 lenses or a flash and a lens. It should fit a 1D combo with no problems. The exterior features an zippered side pocket, a tripod holder on the front, and a water bottle holder. Access to the main compartment is unconventional though so make sure you're comfortable with how it opens first.

If you want a simple bag to hold the combo and little else, check out the Tenba Shootout Small.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I pack my DSLR Camera in my carry-on bag?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment