Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stylish camera case??? Looking for a good quality, low priced case. Help please?




neenie


Well, the fifteenth birthday is coming up and I was looking at some camera cases for my Canon Rebel Xsi and one or two of its lenses and possibly a flash. As I do tend to take my camera to lots of places; i.e. photo club, parks, zoos, school events, a lightweight shoulder bag would seem ideal.I am really not looking to spend more that a hundred dollars, and would like it to be at least somewhat stylish and or colorful. I don't want to seem lazy, but maybe you could say what you have or point me in the right direction, because I haven't had much luck in finding anything besides the typical lowepro or tamrac.

I was thinking about the Crumpler 5 million dollar bag or the Acme Made Bowler Bag, but any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!



Answer
I've been searching desperately for a camera bag that's attractive, affordable, and functional, and the Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Bag and the Acme Bowler Bag are the two that I've narrowed it down to as well. There is a huge market for better-looking camera bags that don't scream "Mug me, I have expensive equipment!" or "Look, I'm carrying an ugly bag with a camera in it!"

I've heard amazing things about the Crumpler, and borrowed a friend's for a day. It was everything I would have hoped, so I can definitely recommend that. I didn't have much gear with me though, just my D80 body and my 70-300mm lens. I could also fit my cigarettes, wallet, and iPod though, which is always useful. The bag was nice and comfortable, if a bit unattractive, but it was nice and sturdy.

The Acme Made bag is much cuter and less expensive though, and could also double as a regular purse. I haven't seen it in person, but I'm concerned that it might be a bit small. I've seen photos where it is comfortably holding a DSLR body with lens attached, and extra lens, and it looks like there is room for a flash unit or another small accessory. However, there doesn't appear to be room for much else. On the other hand, this bag seems like it's super easy to open, even easier than the Crumpler, which is a selling point for me since I've missed shots while trying to drag my camera out of its bag.

If you have any stores around that stock either bag I'd recommend going to check them out. Also, if you choose the Acme Made bag, let me know if it's too small! :p Good luck with your choice, and happy approaching fifteenth birthday.

What is the best bag to carry my camera and stuff in Italy w/o worrying about theft or damage?




britt


I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ18 (DSLR size) camera. I will be going to Rome for a week and am concerned about having my camera stolen or damaged while I'm there. I want a backpack sort of way of carrying it but I would like for it to be secure so I'm not mugged and the straps can't be slashed. Any tips or ideas for a camera bag would be wonderful.
I would also like to be able to carry stuff like water bottles, snacks and extra batteries.



Answer
I would get something that doesn't look like a camera bag something that I can wear across my body - not just over 1 shoulder. I would definitely NOT recommend a bum bag - I have seen them pickpocked heaps more than anything else.
The black bag I am wearing in the last photo on this page
http://hubpages.com/_yah/hub/Managing-your-Travel-Money
will carry a SLR sized camera & probably a smallish guidebook - I would sling the spare batteries, water, banana in another bag over my shoulder as a decoy BTW the grubby and older the bag looks the better! Also don't forget not to leave your camera lying around i.e. not attached to your person in hostels and restaraunts - the worst place is probably sitting at roadside cafes or bars. Get the camera insured, download the photos every few days to a another card or a DVD or a laptop. The camera is replaceable the photos aren't




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Stylish camera case??? Looking for a good quality, low priced case. Help please?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment