Thursday, March 13, 2014

Amazon.com product warranty DSLR camera?




XYZ


I am planning to buy a DSLR camera from amazon japan, however I am worried about the product warranty. Does all amazon product comes with the manufacturer warranty? If yes, how many years? In case I have to change or service under warranty , what procedure I have to follow. Amazon says I have to return the product to them. Cant I do it my self by visiting the company's service center under warranty. Please help.


Answer
That is one of the "dilemmas" with buying cameras at a "cheaper" price. Most of them are considered "imports/gray market", and therefore the camera must be returned to the vendor instead of the manufacturer. Depending on where the camera originated (and only the vendor would have that record), it must be returned to the appropriate service center. Sometimes when a camera is returned to the vendor under warranty, the repair is not made by the manufacturer, instead it is done by a third party.

From what I have heard, Nikon is the strictest when it comes to "imported" cameras, and they will not honor the warranty... "Gray Market=No Warranty and No Repair. If you purchase a gray market import, you won't get any Nikon warranty. The only warranty that will be honored is any that the retailer provides"

Here is a write up by Thom Hogan... http://bythom.com/warranty.htm

CHEAP DSLR CAMERA?!?!?!?




Me


I've been saving a tinny bit of money and want to know what the best quality DSLR Camera I can get for only around about $200, maybe $300 at most but mainly around $200 or $250. I am mostly looking for something with pretty good resolution.
I've been doing some research but I want to know your opinions.

Just give me the name of or link to the camera. THANKS!



Answer
Check out this top rated DSLR, only $249.95 : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M8SVGQ/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=lotoshth-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B004M8SVGQ




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Amazon.com product warranty DSLR camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment