Monday, March 10, 2014

What is the best digital 12 megapixel camera i can get with these requirements...?




bluthngsx


Under $200 would be great.
It should be able to take pictures in B&W and maybe sepia?
I like to have the different setting for snow, beach, documents, night, portrait.. the usual.

i know i'm picky, but my 12mp Olympus broke and i loved that camera, the only thing i didn't like about it was that it couldn't shoot in black and white or sepia.
please help!



Answer
Leo is right - squashing too many megapixels into the TINY sensor on a P&S camera only makes the quality worse, you get more grain/noise.

6 megapixels is about perfect for a small P&S camera.

About those picture modes, consider this:

the color accent option seems to be a current fad that teenagers are all excited about.
The camera keeps one color and turns everything else black and white.

I would never use such a feature for the following reasons:

⢠You are very limited in what you can do.
⢠The function isn't always reliable or accurate. The camera's idea of "red" might be different to yours. It will often include/exclude areas that you don't want to have included/excluded.
⢠Imagine if you just happened to take your best photo ever, but instead of having a real color photo, you only have some partial b&w thing that might look totally awful. You'd kick yourself.
⢠If you do the "Selective or Partial Desaturation" (as it is called correctly) in post processing, you have much more control over it, and will get a way better result. Plus you can keep your original color version, too.

This also applies to any color effects done in camera like b&w, sepia or color swap - you're better off NOT to. Doing such things on the computer gives you MUCH better control and a much better result.

If you don't have your own image editor, you can go to www.picnik.com and use their effects menu which makes it very easy.

photographers out there, 10 or 12 megapixel camera?




Blessedwom


I am going to buy a Canon Rebel XSI camera but I don't know if I should get 10 or 12 mp? there is a 100 doll difference. I do want to print photos but don't know how large I'll go. Also, should I just get the cheaper one (10mp) and invest in a better lense? I am looking for quality of pictures of course but I am unsure of which lense to buy also! help!
I want to take wedding pictures, senior pics, babies, etc. which lense would you recommend?



Answer
It's not so much printing large pictures but you can crop the picture smaller and still get excellent results.
So get the higher of the two...it's a hundred bucks well spent.

Which lens depends on what you might be doing.
Short zoom is probably best for general use, though I like taking wildlife and find my 70-300 zoom is never off my camera.

Any excuse to show some of my pics...(10.2mp Olympus E-510)
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/8879785@N07/sets/72157600375997068




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best digital 12 megapixel camera i can get with these requirements...?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment