Saturday, February 22, 2014

Camera Info & Opinion?




[a]lexis


I wanted an opinion on this camera http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D3000-Digital-SLR-18-55mm-VR-Lens-/230670361836
I'm not an expert of cameras, I also wanted info about what to look on a camera, I don't really like the digital camera (the cheaper and smaller ones) because of their quality and inability of focus ... can you guys help me?



Answer
The D3000 is a few years old and is a beginner dslr from Nikon. It was replaced by the D3100 and the D3100 was replaced by the D3200 not too long ago.
The D3000 is a very capable camera. However, it does not have video.
For the price of the D3000 that you linked, you can get a factory demo Nikon D3100 from Cameta Cameras. That was what I did and it was perfectly fine. I couldn't even tell it was a factory demo. It seemed brand new.
The D3100 is basically the D3000, but with video. It also performs better at higher ISOs, has live view, higher MP count, faster start up and you can bump the ISO to 12,800, compared to the D3000's 3200 max ISO.
Here's the link:
http://www.cameta.com/Nikon-D3100-Digital-SLR-Camera-18-55mm-G-VR-DX-AF-S-Zoom-Lens-Factory-Refurbished-59484.cfm

i need good info on what to consider and not to consider in buying a DSLR camera?




five


so i would know which one the best to buy.


Answer
Hello, and might I say that this MUST be the most asked question I have ever come across. Sometimes it accompanies "Which is the best camera for me to start off with?" I will answer this with a comparison to something that you may be a little more familiar with, an automobile. The process of choosing a DSLR, is quite similar to choosing an automobile. First you must ask yourself why you think it is that you NEED a "DSLR"? It is the same as determining whether you need a truck or a car. Obviously, if you plan to routinely haul furniture, then you would prefer a truck. Driving at high speeds and needing great handling at those speeds? Then now you have narrowed your field to sports cars. Therefore, the first thing you need to assess, is not the equipment, but your needs. MANY people overlook this, and just purchase what seems to be the most popular answer, then they have a camera set that they never get the full joy of using, IF they ever use it at all. First we'll look at your needs.
Next, we will examine your technical knowledge of photography. There is no use speaking about "features" of a system, when the terminology and/or technology has no meaning. To know whether you truly need a DSLR, means you need to know what differentiates one from a non-DSLR. Modern, advanced non-DSLR's are hard to beat these days, given their capabilities and features. Both systems have their benefits and their inherit drawbacks. We can't write everything about both camera systems, so I will stick with the fact that you have made up your mind that you need a DSLR.
DSLR's today have very similar capabilities. The differences come down to certain "specifications". In other words, there are limits to how much, how fast and how many things a model can and can't do. ALWAYS buy your "system" based on specifications. Specifications will determine the "performance" of a model in a given situation. For instance, lets say you want to shoot a fast action sport. And you will be indoors. And the lighting is not "super bright". And you WON'T be on the floor. AND you want to have very "low-noise" images, sharp and with vivid color. Then from a technical standpoint, you will need the following certain capabilities. High ISO capability with very low noise characteristics, this usually means a "full frame", moderate resolution image sensor. An ability to adjust the saturation of your images in-camera, high rate of capture, and the ability to mount a wide-aperture, long range zoom or fixed lens. Whew! Well, there happens to be a few cameras on the market that can deliver those features. They also make the lenses to go with them. Lens choice is AS important, if not more so, than the camera body. If the camera can't SEE it, it can't shoot it. What do the "specs" look like for this capability? ISO 1600 or higher; Full frame, 24mm x 36mm sensor, 5fps (frame per second) shooting rate, and a f/2.8 lens, at least a f/4 lens. Flash? Forget about it unless you want to use a radio-triggering system. The flash will be so far away, that too much energy will be used by the flash, and therefore the recycle time of the flash will only be able to keep up with the "officials", not the players.:-) It is your camera's capabilities alone that will produce your images. This same camera system will work well for indoor weddings very well, or any other venue where you will want to quickly capture great colored images in dim light, and where a flash may be impractical, or ineffective to use.
If you plan to shoot portraits, you will want great LOW ISO ranges, and a brilliant flash control system. Lenses for this range, depending on the detail required, are VERY available in very affordable ranges because you won't need HUGE apertures. A medium lens, typically about 105mm, with f/4 capability will produce great results. Moderate resolution, say 8-10megapixels is more than sufficient. I shoot GREAT fashion & glamour images with my OLD 6 megapixel Nikon camera. I shot most of them in RAW format, however, and that is a WHOLE other skill area. I should tell you now, that I do use Nikon equipment, but I will NOT preach Nikon just for the sake of promoting a brand I use. At the time I made my decision, which took MONTHS for me, and a few mistakes also, I had reasons for chooing Nikon that was not available from any other manufacturer. It is funny though, that as I considered changing platforms, Nikon delivered upgrades and improvements which made me able to meet my needs and not start from scratch with lenses, learning new equipment characteristics and layouts. It would take a significant change in my shooting goals for me to "need" to change manufacturers right now. And in fact, because I would likely be shooting the majority of my work the same, I would likely "add" this new equipment to my gear, and use it for the specialized work I bought it for. For instance, I own 2 Nikon D700's, I LOVE these cameras!!!!! But I also own 3 Nikon D70's, that is 70




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Camera Info & Opinion?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment