Saturday, May 24, 2014

Best pocket camera in terms of shutter speed?




AJS


I am in the market for a great pocket camera but I would like something with fast shutter speed. Overall lens quality and range of zoom is important too. Anybody with a suggestions?


Answer
I have a Canon SD870IS, and it's the best camera I have ever owned. In the past I've had a Sony DSC-P52, a Fuji A345 and a Sony DSC-W7, and only the W7 comes close in terms of image quality.

It is an 8 MP camera with a 3" LCD, super slim and image stabilization so I never get blurry pictures, if that's why you want a fast shutter speed. You can set it in manual mode to always use ISO 80 (to reduce noise, aka the graininess you see in photos). The higher the ISO, the faster the shutter speed, therefore equaling less blur on other cameras, however with the image stabilization on the SD870IS, you don't need to worry about blur unless your shutter speed is ridiculously long (you can get custom shutter speeds in the menu for cool effects).

It also has a wide-angle lens so you can fit more people in your pictures than with regular point and shoots. The zoom is 3.8X which is better than the normal 3.0X that most compact cameras have. Almost all the pictures come out beautiful with great colours and awesome focus (because of he face detection). The camera's exterior is also VERY nice looking, and the back is a very sleek black, while the front is silver, and you have an option of the area around the lens being silver or black (I have silver).

I know that here in Canada it just dropped in price from $399 to $350, but I've found deals as low as $299 so far, and if you're American, it'll be even lower. HOWEVER, in April, there will be a new version available, the SD790IS...it'll be around the same price. With the new one, they got rid of the wide-angle lens and the zoom is reduced to 3X, and the design of the back is reminiscent of a Motorola RAZR phone (I don't really like that), though the front looks very "classic" and boxy which I do like, and it gives the camera a slimming effect. It is also 10 MP, but almost nobody need 10 MP unless they are making huge poster sized images. I personally prefer my camera because of the back, as well as the wide-angle lens, but if you like the RAZR look, I'm sure the new one is just as great.

DO NOT get a Sony Cybershot, the new models are really just terrible in terms of noise (graininess) in photos, and the new menus are very hard to use, as well as time-consuming. In the past, Sony was my favourite camera brand, but not anymore. (My sister bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-W70 and I hate it.)

My Fujifilm camera was also terrible, poor build quality and poor images. I don't know if they've improved, but I won't go back to them.

My mom and my best friend both had Olympus FE-100 cameras, and both hated it (I even bought my mom a Canon SD750, which I'd recommend if you can't afford the SD870IS, because she hated the Olympus so much, and it was having so many problems...it was hard to get it to stay on for more than a few minutes before it said "low battery" with fully charged NiMh rechargables). STAY AWAY FROM OLYMPUS.

Good luck getting your camera, and if you get a Canon, you will NOT regret it! :) and P.S. Do NOT settle for less if you are worried about money. You will hate yourself if you settle for less because your camera will already be out of date, and it'll probably really suck (for lack of a better word)...that's what happened with my Fuji A345 :(.

For a camera phone is 1.3 megapixels good?




CC 9/24/11


I am using net10 for my cell phone company now. The only camera phones they have are 1.3 megapixels. Is that good?I know uscellular.com (and probably any other phone company) has phones that are 2.0 and 3.0 mega pixels..I would like one of those..but net10 doesn't have them.


Answer
now a days 1.3 MP are not considered good...coz there are many phones available with 3.0 and higher mega pixels ...so if u have money and if u r not satisfied with ur current phone than u should buy a new one...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best pocket camera in terms of shutter speed?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment