Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Canon Rebel XTi is showing Error 99.?




playRADiOp


I just brought it home from the repair shop (where I spent over $200 because it was showing the Error 99) and once I put the memory card in it showed the Error 99 again. But it works fine without the memory card. HELP!
I didn't send it to Canon because I bought it on eBay



Answer
Then you will have to return it to the shop.

They did not correct the error when charging you $200 +.

Is there a reason you did not send your camera to Canon? You could have been sure that they would have repaired it correctly.

Here is more data on that error

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/04/29/50mm-lens-contact-points/

http://search.dpreview.com/?q=err+99

From other Canon users:

* error 99 is usually a 'catch all' from what I know. It can be anything from a faulty card, to a dirty contact on your lens. I would check the contacts to make sure they are clean.

* I had Error 99 on a 1D this past winter. It turned out to be the shutter had a problem and the repair was just $140.

* my 1D had an error99 out of the box ... from Canon, however, I checked the contacts of the 24-70 lens and they were quite dirty.

* I have gotten the error 99, and my shutter wont open, but my mirror will go up, and gets stuck until I turn it off and on... It all goes back to normal as soon as I blow dry the mirror, and everything goes back to normal. As soon as the temperature hits below 60 degrees, the same thing happens, but will go away as soon as I break out the blow drier

One theme seems to be generic lenses:

* I have just purchased a Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4 lens, and am currently seeing a lot of ERR 99 message, and the camera just hang-up.

* While using a quantaray 75x300mm lens with both lens and camera on auto, I get err 99.

* ... put on a Sigma 28-105 asherical lens and i can't take a picture. An error was on my display err 99.

* I have purchased a Sigma 35-135mm lense and keep getting err-99 code

* the 20d in the last 600 shots i have had 2 Err 99 one with my 70 - 200 f4L and one with my canon 15 2.8.

* Just bought a used Sigma 75-300 for my 350D, and sometimes I get an error code saying "ERR 99"

And finally, "For Canon DSLRs, Err 99 is the camera equivalent of Window's "Blue Screen of Death." It doesn't tell you much about what the problem is"

Best advice would be to make sure that the contact on both the lens and camera are super clean. All other ERR 99 issues may require service.

Call Canon 800.OK-CANON for specific help.

My Canon XS DSLR camera won't turn back on unless I remove the battery and put it back in.?




mg68


It use to give me the ERR 99 code so I update the firmware from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 and it still gave me the ERR 99 code but then all of the sudden it would not turn back on after I would power it off unless I remove and slide back in the battery. I can take countless photos when it's on with no more ERR 99 code but when I turn it off I have to remove the battery all over again. What could be wrong?


Answer
ERR 99 is a generic error for problems not covered by other errors. Canon's recommendation for determining where the problem lies:

To isolate the cause of the issue, we suggest that you do the following:

1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove the lens, battery, and CF card.
3. Allow the camera to sit without power for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Insert a fully charged battery, and turn on the camera.
5. Depress the shutter button as you would to take a picture.

Does the âERR 99â³ message appear? If it does, then the camera should be
serviced. If it does not, then please proceed to the next set of steps:

1. Turn off the camera.
2. Insert the CF card.
3. Turn on the camera.
4. Format the CF card in the camera.
5. Depress the shutter button as you would to take a picture.

Does the âERR 99â³ message appear? If so, then the CF card is the most
likely source of the issue. Try using a different card.

If the message does not appear, please complete the following steps:

1. Turn off the camera.
2. Clean the lens contacts by gently rubbing them with a pencil eraser
or soft cloth. Be careful that you do not let any debris fall into the
camera body.
3. Reattach your lens.
4. Turn on the camera.
5. Depress the shutter button as you would to take a picture.

If the âERR 99â³ message only appears when one particular lens is
attached, then that lens should be examined by a service technician.

If you see the âERR 99â³ with a different Canon lens attached, then the
camera should be serviced.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Canon Rebel XTi is showing Error 99.?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment