Sunday, November 3, 2013

should I take my camera on our trip to the beach?

dslr camera nikon d5100
 on ... Nikon D5100 . This camera is the successor of Nikon D5000 DSLR camera
dslr camera nikon d5100 image



makes.me.t


I'm going on a graduation trip with my best friend next week. We're going to California for some shopping (mostly window shopping lol) but we're most excited about the beach. Anyway!

I love photography and I have a pretty nice camera (Nikon D5100). I don't want to take it and have it get ruined or stolen on the trip but I can't help but think of all the missed opportunities of pictures I could take when I'm there. There are a lot of factors.

What do you think? Have you taken a nice camera on a trip and what was your experience? Any suggestions for ways I could keep it safe? Thanks!



Answer
Two of the worse enemies of a camera are all rolled in together at a beach... moisture and sand. If you take it, be sure you do not change lenses unless the camera is in an enclosure where water and sand cannot get into it. Even without doing any lens swapping, the body and lens are not designed to withstand that kind of environment, at least not for long. There are protective bags made for such uses, but you can do pretty well with a large Ziplock bag. Use a lens hood and cut a hole in the bag to just fit around the hood. Secure the bag opening to the lens hood with strong rubber bands, and, with the camera inside the bag, zip the bag closed. The clear bag will still allow you to use the camera, though not with a lot of ease.

Though I know it is probably not an option for you now, a weather / water proof digital point and shoot camera is best in this kind of situation.

You can also give thought to using a disposable 35mm film camera.

Worrying about and struggling with your DSLR could do a lot to hurt your fun. If it was me, I would take it, but not use it on the beach. Use the DSLR for other things and a camera you do not have to worry about on the beach.

steve

Should i stay with the Olympus XZ-1 or get a Nikon D5100 for trick photography?




Looqki


Hello, I have a question.

I have got a Olympus XZ-1 digital camera, and it is quite good for long exposure photography, but it has several problems. First, the image is a bit noisy even at ISO 100, and the second is, that I have a limited lens range. I was planning to buy a Nikon D5100 camera. Do you recommend getting the DSLR or just staying with the Olympus for now.

Thank you.



Answer
if you are ready to spend time learning more about photography and spend money on lenses and other accessories and you really into photography then yes you should get a better camera ))
wish you luck ))




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: should I take my camera on our trip to the beach?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment