Friday, November 8, 2013

Want to buy a camera for sports photography. What camera, lenses should I look for? ?

dslr camera 1000 fps
 on CANON EOS 1000D REBEL XS 10.1MP DIGITAL SLR CAMERA KIT! | eBay
dslr camera 1000 fps image



loh


I want to take action pictures of field hockey (outdoor) players. I tried a Canon SLR (forgot the model #), didn't go wide enough. Any pointers to reading materials, or camera makes/models recommendations?
thx



Answer
You will need a fast-shooting camera body coupled with fast lenses.

If you're going Canon, the fastest prosumer dSLR is the Canon 40D. It gives you 10MP quality and shoots at 6.5 fps (frames per second), which should be sufficient for your shooting needs. It retails for about $1000 on Amazon.

As for a good lens for sports shooting, I'd highly recommend the EF 70-200mm f/4L. It's fast, it has a good zoom range, lightweight, and incredibly sharp. Its large aperture (low f-number) allows more light in and blurs the background to draw more sharpness to the player(s). Best of all, it only costs $450 on Amazon!

You mentioned wide; I guess you want to capture a large spread of players then? If so, and you're using the 40D, I'd recommend the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. It's also fast, sharp, goes very wide, and has good build quality. It retails on Amazon for $400! I recently bought mine for landscape and photojournalism work, and I've loved using it.

Good luck!

I want a camera that gets about 30 fps and 6 mp or more ?




Random


I want to record fast movement like juggling or a baby that just can't sit still. I need about an hours worth of recording time. I know that you can go to certain websites to upgrade your frames per second for certain cameras so if you can name off a camera that does this please do. Also I want to pay less than a thousand.


Answer
If you are talking about a P&S camera, look here ... almost all P&S cameras shoot video at 30 fps .. most have 7 mp or more sensors for under $250, but they all exhibit shutter lag of some amount

http://www.dpreview.com

The only DSLR that costs less than $1000 is the Nikon D90. Its video shoots at the same speed as motion picture ... 24 fps. (it has as 12 mp sensor)

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25446/D90.html

Based upon your requirements, you need to do a lot more research ... there are no cameras that will record at least 1 hour of video on one card ... at least not with any kind of resolution. And expecting a firmware upgrade to increase the frames per second is not in the deck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Want to buy a camera for sports photography. What camera, lenses should I look for? ?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment