Monday, November 4, 2013

What camera should I buy my brother for making movies?

dslr camera 7d
 on Chinese Camera Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Sony Alpha DSLR ...
dslr camera 7d image



fonzii


My budget at the moment is about 2-3k, and I have NO idea about any cameras. I've been hearing a lot about dSLR cameras, but I have no idea how long they can film for. I also have no idea about HD cams or anything either.

My brother is crazy about picture quality. I would like to get him something he can continue to use and not have to replace. Again, my budget is about $2000-3000. Are there any possible cams I should look into? Thanks everyone.



Answer
Within your budget the maximum clip length is 12mins, which is 4GB, so for 8GB cards 16Gb cards you can double, quadruple etc.

Canon DSLRs are the best for video. The 600D, 60D are probably the best of the current bunch, articulating screens, mic level control. Should leave some budget for a couple of nice lenses, say a 50mm prime f1.4 and a Sigma 17-50 f2.8 zoom?

If your brother is serious then have a chat with him, it's a lot of money to spend if he has his dream camera in mind and you buy the wrong thing.

A lot of folk will tell you the 5Dmk2 is the one to go for, I refute this, the shutter rolls and it ties you to very expensive full frame lenses. It's good, but it leaves you no budget for lenses, and things have moved on.

I have a 550D and a 7D. If I was buying for video today I'd buy either a 600D or a 60D.

What is this camera attachment called?




Meg B.


I have a Canon 7D which is a DSLR camera, it takes video and i have seen some photographers/videographers use an attachment that hooks to where the screen is, you look through is so you can see what you are videoing easily. What is this called and where can i find one. Thanks!


Answer
It's a magnifier. There are couple of different ones made. Zacuto makes one and Hoodman makes another. You might want to consider getting a small monitor and running it out of your HDMI output. You can get a monitor for almost the same price as a magnifier and it's much easier to use. Pro monitors are expensive but there are few inexpensive, battery operated monitors. One of the biggest challenges of shooting motion with a DSLR is composing and getting your shot focused because you really don't have a viewfinder.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What camera should I buy my brother for making movies?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment