Monday, November 4, 2013

Is the Nikon CoolPix S220 digital camera comparable to a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15?

50 megapixel camera
 on Celular Samsung S3600 Rosa com C�mera com Bluetooth
50 megapixel camera image



Joshua


I have an HP 6.2 megapixel camera that's 4 years old that I've always liked well enough, but I want to get something a little better/newer. I saw the Nikon CoolPix on Walmart's website, and it's only around $120. I don't have experience with Nikon, but a friend of mine has a Panasonic Lumix that works quite well. The Nikon is 10MP, and the Panasonic is 12MP, so maybe this is the main difference? Thanks in advance.


Answer
I'd give the edge to the Panasonic. The zoom range on the panasonic is 5x which is better than the 3x on the Nikon. This means you will get a wider wide angle shot (29mm vs 35mm) and a higher magnification on the telephoto end too (145mm vs 105mm). The Panasonic uses both optical and digital image stabilization while the Nikon only used digital (the cheapest and lesser effective form of image stabilization)

10MP vs 12MP makes virtually no difference at all so that is not important.

Both have nearly a 1 second shutter lag which means the camera does not take a picture until nearly a second after push the shutter button. OK for posed snap shots, but a deal breaker if you are trying to capture a fleeting image.

The Nikon has slightly poorer picture quality than the Panasonic and that is not due to the pixel count, it is due to poorer processing of the image. BTW MP count should rarely be used as a benchmark for picture quality. Most DSLR's with 5MP that will blow a 12MP point and shoot camera away. But what's important to you is probably picture quality of 4x6" prints and computer viewed pictures. Both of these will be completely adequate for this.

If it were up to me and I had to choose between just these two, I'd go for the Panasonic even though it is about $50 more.

What is a good digital/film camera for me?




NotoFroto


I travel a lot and LOVE to take pictures. I would really love to have the ability to take high quality pictures (the same quality you can buy in the store).

I have a Kodak Easy share (5 megapixels) camera. I really liked this camera and it took good photos for a beginner model.

However I feel like there was a lot I couldnt do.

I was on a midnight train from Budapest to Serbia and tried to take some pictures from it with the window open. The pictures couldnt turn out. It was an unbelievable shot that I missed.

I would really love a camera that would be able to take quality pictures from moving trains and other things. I dont want to spend a fortune (nothing over $500).

I am a beginner with cameras, but photography is something I would love to learn.

Any Ideas on a good camera that would fit my budget?



Answer
If you're willing to buy a film camera, and don't mind to buy used, $500 is a lot of money to work with.

If you're serious about photography, I'd suggest buying and learning to use an older all manual camera. If you're willing to devote the time and energy to doing this, I would suggest starting with a Canon FTb and 50mm 1.4 lens(FD mount). This combination should cost $150 or less from a used camera dealer(such as KEH.com-their bargain stuff is great).

As you learn to use this camera, you can add more lenses and so forth. Beyond the 50mm, a 28mm 2.8 and 135mm 2.8, at about $50 each.

I have a rather large investment in the Canon FD(manual focus) system, with several great lenses. The lenses are for the most part very high quality, and are available inexpensively.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is the Nikon CoolPix S220 digital camera comparable to a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment