Friday, November 8, 2013

HTC One silver or Lumia 920 yellow?

megapixel camera vs ultrapixel camera
 on Nokia Lumia 920 vs HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z: fotocamere a confronto |
megapixel camera vs ultrapixel camera image



Kiritsugo


So last November I pre-ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 (I live in the Netherlands). The problem is, that due to Nokia's supply issues, my order has been delayed time after time and ultimately it has now been delayed to March 13th. Initially I loved the phone, but as it is almost half a year past the announcement presently, I already know everything about it and it doesn't have the 'new' factor anymore. Also, I'm paying the flagship-price for a phone which may shortly not be a flagship anymore (I'm not concerned about that, but I don't want to pay full price for a phone which is maybe somewhat 'outdated'). Technology is growing fast, and the era of the 2013 flagship is beginning. A few days ago the HTC One was announced, and I was astonished by the device, maybe even to the extend of my initial excitement about the Lumia 920. Purely spec-wise, the One beats the Lumia in most aspects. I especially found the full HD display extraordinary, because I use my smartphone a lot to watch videos.

The Lumia 920 does however beat the One in a few aspects. Although I am impressed by the ultrapixels and think HTC is very brave to withdraw from the megapixel war, the Carl Zeiss optics and OIS of the Lumia remain unbeaten (except for maybe the 41 MP pureview sensor :) ). Also I think the Nokia is quite a bit sturdier than the HTC One, which may come in handy because if there's one thing I don't want, it is to buy a beautiful phone and then put a case on it.

The main reason for my choice for the yellow Lumia, is its uniqueness. The yellow unibody and Windows Phone 8 interface are really one of a kind. Moreover Windows Phone 8 is a very smooth and intuitive software that I would love to use. Not to mention the 'gapless' HTC One looks absolutely stunning too. The aluminium unibody and edge-to-edge screen are very classy. Android and Sense on the other hand look great too, but not as good as Windows Phone (and I still think they stole the idea of blinkfeed from the live tiles, but it looks good :) ).

The thing about Android which really appeals to me is the almost unlimited customization it offers. Since I practically use my phone (currently an iPhone, but I'm sick of Apple) as a laptop/tablet, I am intrigued by the capabilities of Android. Surely, Windows phone has Office and OneNote, but it also lack connectivity (for example for downloading PDF's and videos directly to your phone) and many of these small features that are almost essential if you previously have become used to them, like a rotation lock for using your phone in bed or on the couch, or a good notification center. Maybe they will show up after an update, and it's not a deal breaker for me, it's just VERY annoying not to have. Also the app availability is, although it is growing on WP, far better on Android.

If I will wait for my pre-order Lumia (which may eventually be delayed again...), I might regret letting the HTC One slip, because I could have gotten that 'true' flagship for the same price as the Lumia. And no matter how much Windows Phone appeals to me, I don't want to be frustrated by the lack of functionality in IOS I'm currently suffering from, again, ever. I think Windows Phone is a borderline case here.

In the same way, if I cancel my order and then order the HTC One (I don't know what HTC's reputation is in the area of supply issues, but I assume it should be alright if I pre-order), I might regret getting that stunning yellow beast of a phone.

Either way I'd regret buying the 'wrong' phone very much, so I'd really appreciate your advice on which phone I should buy and why. Thanks in advance :)



Answer
It is worth to wait for the Nokia Lumia 920.
I'm telling so because I own one since November and I think it's the better phone I ever had.
According to me at the moment the nokia Lumia 920 appears to be the most innovative cell phone on the market with LTE, NFC, sensitive screen usable even with gloves on, the screen very very fast and responsive, camera with optical image stabilizer which allows great photos in low light (and now with the latest update also in daylight) and video very stable, 32 gb hard disk and wireless charging. Not to mention that Windows Phone 8 is an operating system truly optimized and a real breath of fresh air.

Even If the HTC imaging hardware and software is very good I think that at the moment the Nokia knowledge and achievements on cameraphones are absolutely the best on the market:
http://www.neowin.net/news/cameras-htc-one-vs-nokia-lumia-920?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter


The only problem I can see is the weight of 185 grams but in exchange of that thereâs a wonderful feeling of solidity (and itâs proven to be a really tough guy).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4xYN9I5Kw
http://bgr.com/2012/11/22/nokia-lumia-920-durability-test/

With regard to the lack of app I think is a problem rather relative. The 700,000 Android app are not very useful, since a person will maybe 100 to 200 apps. The app for Windows phone 8 (and 7) are currently about 130,000 and are growing more and more in virtue of Windows 8 ecosystem that is emerging.

Personally, I just donât like the operating system Android even If I know that is a very good OS but I know that windows phone 8 is absolutely fast and smooth and itâs something different. Windows Phone 8 doesnât need monster hardware to be performing.
Associated with my Lumia 920 I bought the tablet Microsoft Surface RT and I have also windows 8 in my pc. I like the ecosystem Microsoft is building.

Htc one vs Galaxy s4?




Coletrain


Hey guys, ive been living with the iphone for two long, its time to get a badass phone. Obvs. Im attempting to decide between the HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4. I origionally wanted to get the One X+ but now that the One and Gs4 have 2Gb of ram the X+ seems obsolete. I would like to make it clear that i will be rooting whichever phone i get, almost immediatly, in order to replace the skin and OS, and that i plan on playing lots of games with stunning graphics, since i dont have a console or laptop, and probably watching movies and high quality videos. So i wanna know which phone has more raw processing power and which screen would be better for gaming.

Another point id like to know is, theoretically, if i were to overclock each phone, which one would have a higher processing speed?



Answer
I will admit an HTC bias to begin with. Between these two it is quality vs quantity.
The s4 does have a 1.8 ghz octocore processor, double that of the one. However with this processor only 4 cores are in operation at any given time. So you wouldn't notice a difference in performance.
The one is of sturdy 100% aluminum unibody design. It makes for a gorgeous device that feels snug in your hand. The trade off is you don't have expandable memory or a removable battery. Where as the s4 is made of few pieces of polycarbonate, a fancy word for cheap plastic, but you can expand the memory and take the battery out.

The cameras are different, 13 mp vs 4 "ultrapixel". The theory of the ultrapixel on the one is that fewer, but larger pixels will make the camera more functional in low light instead of cramming in megapixels and using a brutal tiny LED flash. The HTC one also offers a few more camera software features, like Zoe.

Bottom line, the s4 has a few more software features. IMO I would rather have a solid, dependable phone than a piece of plastic bloated with resource hogging resources.

I am unconvinced by Samsung's marketers, I want an HTC one




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: HTC One silver or Lumia 920 yellow?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment