Thursday, November 7, 2013

Need a camera for beginner filmmaking?

dslr camera for filmmaking
 on DSLR filmmaking is the future of filmmaking. There are companies like ...
dslr camera for filmmaking image



Isabella


I'm about to take my final year of media and we're required to make a film. Though the school supplies us with camcorders, they're pretty mediocre and I'm planning on making a documentary that I not only want to have as my final piece, but something that I can really show off. I've been thinking about buying a DSLR camera for filming but I don't know where to start. My maximum spending would be 650 or 700, and I'm looking for a decent camera that preferably won't need an audio extension. My piece will be a documentary, so the type of filming may vary so this needs to be an all round camera


Answer
Canon 60D is great or Canon rebel t3i.

What are the benefits/disadvantages to DSLR filmmaking?




Charlie


I am looking into buying a DSLR for making my films- could somebody share their thoughts on the topic? Is DSLR a good choice? Why or why not?


Answer
Benefits:
-Small form factor (makes it easier to get into tight spots, easier to carry and use at unusual vantage points).
- Dirt cheap ... at least compared to traditional cameras used for movie making. Even cheaper than the Red and the Red was revolutionary both in terms of technology AND price.

Disadvantages:
- Short shooting time ... you can only shoot for about 10 -15 minutes on a 5DMkII before the camera stops. This isn't a problem if you are shooting a movie or commercial (where everything is done in short takes) but it is a problem if you are trying to film a training session, confrence, seminar ... anything meant ot be shot in one long continuous sesssion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need a camera for beginner filmmaking?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment