Saturday, November 30, 2013

Am i aloud to take a dslr camera on a plane?

dslr camera equipment
 on Sony DSLR-A700 Camera | Camera | Gear
dslr camera equipment image



slim shady


I am traveling to australia for a second time but for the first time with my dslr camera. don't want to get to the airport and the say i cant take it on the plane. lol


Answer
Cameras are no problem. They are not interested in confiscating cameras. Thousands of people travel everyday with cameras. Before digital cameras became so popular, people carried film SLR cameras with no problems on planes - and lenses, and flash units and bags of camera equipment.

Do NOT put your camera in a checked suitcase. Theft of items from suitcases does happen sometimes, and the more valuable something is, the more likely it would be to disappear.

Can I get some recomendations for some camera equipment for hiking?




Gary


I have a big photography project in mind while hiking, however I'm still learning quite a bit about my DSLR camera. I currently have a Canon rebel t3i along with the stock lens (18-55mm) and a (75-300mm) zoom lens. It also came with a wide angle angle converter, a telephoto converter, and macro attachments. Judging from what little bit I have seen about the accessories they are garbage, especially the wide angle, I know the macro attachments work fairly well if you can be patient enough and I have yet to find a use for the telephoto converter...

but my big question is, if I want to take a DSLR camera out on a long distance hike (Appalachian trail for example) is that practical? Or is something like the gopro more realistic? My main focus would be landscape shots, but it would be nice if the camera could handle other smaller things like an insect or some other form of wildlife. Right now when I go out I take the macro attachments and the 2 lenses and a tripod (manfroto compact mkc3-h01) but it would be nice to have a lens that can handle either job. Any recommendations are appreciated.
I'm 25, I've hiked a bit so I'm not a complete novice, and I just got out the army and I stay active. I can't do really long hikes with a full pack just yet, but I'm working on lowering my pack weight. Last weekend I hiked for 2 days, 14 miles a day with around a 33 lb pack.



Answer
Seriously difficult question to answer, can you handle a long 'trek' with extra weight...I carry my gear for hours at a time covering over 30 miles, so i'm used to this....I can't guess your age or fitness level by your question.

The best option is the DSLR for decent quality 'macro' or 'landscape' shots...judging by the question i'll hazard a guess that you are a teenager...any interest in a particular subject requires you to be sensible, start off slowly and build up your capacity for distance...it lets you build your confidence while highlighting issues that could make an outing uncomfortable or difficult. Try practising photographing wildlife in your garden (insects, birds, butterflies etc)...I have covered every park in my city - once caught a 'Australian Black Swan' in a Loch in Scotland...just on a routine walk...most people I know didn't even know a Black Swan existed...use your equipment as often as possible , keep practising and stay as physically active as possible, if you are fit, nature photography is a breeze.

I will use whatever equipment I have, to get a 'shot'...this let's you see how good your equipment is and gives you the experience to know what you really need if the 'shots' aren't up to much...for example - more practice or better equipment. That's what I enjoy about photography...'squeezing' everything out of a piece of equipment...making it work.

GoPro cameras for me are just a bit of fun...I wouldn't consider any serious photography or video work with them...i'd use one to record my commute on a bicycle or a snorkel dive.

@ Additional Details: my backpack is around the 10 Kilo weight (maximum) and that's only for camera equipment (first aid and a towel), I carry my kit everywhere - it's just another part of me, i've been doing this for years though...and more importantly 'I enjoy it'...I don't carry a tripod, that's my choice though and sometimes I regret it...just can't be annoyed with the 'bulk'...if I need to lighten my backpack...I take the laptop out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Am i aloud to take a dslr camera on a plane?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment