Friday, November 29, 2013

Best camera option for camping and scuba diving?

dslr camera 2013
 on DSLR CAMERAS :How to Decide Which DSLR Camera is right for You
dslr camera 2013 image



Chief


I´m getting ready for a camping trip to the Amazon Rainforest and later to a Scuba Diving marathon in Santa Marta, Colombia. I currently use a Canon T3i DSLR camera as my main camera, but because of its size and sheer fragility I have opted not to take it with me.

Originally I was planning to buy a waterproof case for my iPhone as it was the cheapest option, but this wouldn't allow me to take pictures while Scuba diving.

I am an amateur photographer, but I do like quality and so I was thinking about buying a GoPro Hero 3+, but after reading reviews it was obvious the audio quality was is not very good at all. I am now thinking of buying a Canon G16 camera which would allow me to have more control on the overall camera, as well as being able to Scuba dive with it if I bought the Canon Waterproof Case WP-DC52. The downside of this camera is that I can not seem to find a suitable case for it to be protected while I'm in the Amazon.

Please I would like for this community to suggest any cameras and/or gear for the things I already have so that I can take great pictures of my trip!

Thank you.



Answer
I think you are wise to leave the T3i at home, most likely it wouldn't survive.

Maybe your best bet is one of the waterproof cameras. Most companies make at least one model, and Olympus has several in its tough series. Here is a list of the ones that Popular Photography featured in their April edition.
Popular Photography â April 2013
Sony Cyber-shot TF1 - $198 (need reviews)
Fujifilm FinePix XP60 - $198
Pentax WG-3 GPS - $297
Nikon Coolpix AW110 - $347
Olympus Stylus TG-2 - $379
Panasonic Lumix TS5 - $399

This guy reviews some, also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnxn_Ng-1U8

What is a really good advanced point and shoot digital camera?




TDKFlashFl


My old camera, a Canon Power Shot S5IS is acting weird. Time for a new one I think.

What a a really good advanced point and shot digital camera that would be a step or two up from the Power Shot S5 IS?

My daughter shows horses, so I need something that can capture moving subject well and is good in low light conditions!!!

I want a camera that feels/looks like a SLR, but is not. I am thinking about a Nikon Coolpix L820or maybe an Olympus Stylus SP-820UZ?

Thanks!



Answer
You'd do better to put a Tamron 18-270 or 18-250 (not 18-200) lens on a small DSLR body like a Sony A37, or other brand of your choice to keep it affordable chose an earlier camera model. The lens can stay with you when you upgrade provided that you don't jump ship from the brand. They can all be used in auto mode just like a P&S only you can develop your skills at your own pace.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-18-270mm-3-5-6-3-Built-Cameras/dp/B004FN1W2S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375040281&sr=1-1&keywords=tamron+18-270+sony

But look at the dinky little DSLR Canon recently put on the market:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07/26/just-posted-canon-eos-100d-rebel-sl1-review

But if you must have a bridge camera then Pentax made the X5 just for people like you:
http://www.dpreview.com/products/pentax/compacts/pentax_x5




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best camera option for camping and scuba diving?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment