Sunday, December 1, 2013

How many megapixel camera should I get for a Digital Media Course?

dslr camera 16 megapixel
 on Sony A37 16 MP Digital SLR Camera Blac 027242847583 | eBay
dslr camera 16 megapixel image



Natalia


I'm starting a course in three weeks time that is basically all digital stuff: including photography. I would like to take the photography path as we were told to choose between game development (not very good with writing programs) and photography.
So should I get a 14 megapixel, 16 megapixel or 20 megapixel camera (I had a look an I'm quite keen on the Samsung Smart Camera 16 megapixel camera but I first wanted to ask how many megapixel camera I should get.)

Thanks in advance!



Answer
Zero mega pixels is just about right. YES, I am kidding, but I am just trying to drive home the point that mega pixels do not matter any more! All cameras produced for the last several years have enough mega pixels to produce great quality prints. BUT you must always set you camera for MAXIMUM RESOLUTION. How do you do this? With most cameras you enter the "menu" function and scroll through until you come to the "pixel" setting. ALWAYS set you camera for greatest number of pixels and leave it there! But you want small files for email etc. You should get your yourself a small program for your computer, where you can save your picture for email (using a slightly different name of course).

More important is the length of the zoom lens. You want at a minimum a camera with 5x optical zoom lens. A camera with a 3x zoom lens is useless, and you will wish you had at least a 5x with in a couple of months. You didn't mention a budget for this purchase so it is hard to make a recommendation. Samsung are ok cameras. But Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Pentax are really the names to strive for!

P.S. You said nothing about a DSLR, Digital SIngle Lens Reflex camera like someone else recommended. That is like buying a ladder with 5 of the 6 rungs remove! Too much camera for your level at this point.

Trying to get my girlfriend a lens for her camera for a Xmas present! Help?




mikethecab


I would like to get her a lens, or flash for Xmas, but I don't know anything about cameras at all. My GF has a Nikon - D5100 16.2-Megapixel DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens, and I am trying to get her a new lens, that is around the 200-300 price range. I don't know what to look for in a lens, but at least for her camera to be able to zoom 25-50 ft, rather than the lens she has on it now. Either that, or a Flash that is attachable that would be used to light up dark rooms, or night. Can someone shoot me links, or something to help me get a view of something?


Answer
In your price range the 55-200 mm VR will be a good one. With it she will be able to shoot sports, action and some wildlife.

A good used Nikon flash like the Nikon SB600 will cost just over $200, but unless she shoots a lot of events, the lens will be more useful

Here is a list of all the lenses available for the D5100. Just look at the AF-S lenses so she can shoot using auto-focus

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/All-Lenses/index.page




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many megapixel camera should I get for a Digital Media Course?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment