Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What kind of DSLR Camera bag would you suggest?

dslr camera purse
 on LOVEinLIFE: DIY DSLR Camera Bag/Purse
dslr camera purse image



Bubblegum1


Is a backpack style or sling/messenger bag style better?

What is easier? What should I look for

Camera is a 600D Canon
I'm asking for BAG suggestions. I will be taking everything with me overseas. So I do need the bag. Thanks
Sorry, I have 2 extra lens, attatchable filters, the camera, tripod, camera cleaning kit and extra SD cards/battery.
Sorry, I have 2 extra lens, attatchable filters, the camera, tripod, camera cleaning kit and extra SD cards/battery.



Answer
It depends on your style of photography.

I have both - I tend to use the backpack (a Lowepro) when I'm out in the country doing landscapes - it hold not only my lenses but also filters, my tripod, sandwiches & a drink! I don't need to access it quickly, so it's not inconvenient having it on my back.

I have a messenger style bag (Crumpler) when I'm doing street photography - it's easier to reach into & grab a lens on the go when I do quick lens changes, or to grab my purse if I stop for a coffee.

Is there a camera that takes good pictures, but is cheap enough that it can be brought around everyday life?




AndreaL


I'm not a profession photographer but it is something that I enjoy. I recently realized that my best photos are on my Iphone because it is always with me. I would love to bring my nice camera with me wherever I go, but don't have to money to replace it if it breaks so I only bring it with me if I know I'm going to take photos. Is there a camera that is cheap enough bring every where but takes decent photos.


Answer
I love the Canon PowerShot line of cameras. I've owned four over the past few years...maybe five. They never seem to break, are small enough to fit in my jacket-pocket, you can buy a leather case that clips to your belt, they easily fit in a purse or bag. I am currently using the Canon PowerShot SD890 IS, which is cool because it has a nice large screen on the back, a tripod screw on the bottom, and the image stabilization. There are a wide range of these cameras, and if you don't mind last-year's technology, you could get this same camera for around $269. I've even seen refurbished units listed on Amazon for $119.99, but make sure you check for reputability.

Nikon also makes a very good portable camera line, the CoolPix, but I'm not really into the brand personally. It's all personal choice. If you can go to a big box shop like Best Buy, you can play with the cameras before you buy them. That's really the best way to get comfortable with them. The only problem is, the stores will only have the latest gear, while you can buy the older stuff - for a lot less money - on-line, and still have most of the same features.

Consider purchasing a portable tripod like the Joby Gorillapod, as you can carry this around and, paired with the quick release on the tripod, and the macro mode and timer in the camera, you can take some great close-up shots that people will swear were taken with a DSLR camera.

Good luck and hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of DSLR Camera bag would you suggest?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment