Monday, August 26, 2013

How often should I be cleaning my camera?

dslr camera insert
 on national_geographic_NG2345_MIDI_DSLR_Camera_Shoulder_bag_case.jpg
dslr camera insert image
Q. I have both a 35mm SLR and a DSLR. How often should I be wiping down the lens mount, cleaning the lens, etc?

What needs to be cleaned regularly, and what needs to be cleaned once in a while?


Answer
As often as is needed. If you aren't seeing dust in your pictures (blurry dark spots) then you don't need to clean it.

As for how to clean it, for the DSLR, only use a blower like the Giottos Rocket Blower to clean it out. DO NOT insert any kind of pads or use cleaning compounds to clean it unless you know ABSOLUTELY what you are doing. IF you do try to clean it w/out knowing what you're doing, it could end up being a VERY EXPENSIVE mistake.

As a preventative measure, when changing SLR/DSLR lenses, always...
- do so in a wind free environment.
- point the lens/cavity side down so that dust will be less likely to fall inside.
- have the 2nd lens ready to be put on.
- install the new lens as quickly & carefully as possible w/out turning the body over so that the cavity is above.

HTH

Which SLR camera should I buy to pursue my digital photography career?




fiji


I am having a hard time chosing what camera to buy. I initially bought Canon Rebel XT but i find it not very user-friendly. I could not figure it out, and found that the pentax k100d was more user friendly. However, my husband has that camera already. Aside from the pentax k100d, which do you recommend for me to buy?


Answer
I believe that most are intimidated by a DSLR, but if you know your way around a 35mm well your off to a start. Many of the modes you have on a 35 are the same as the Digital for one. Think of it like this, one you load a roll of film and the other you insert a media card. Once you just start taking pictures you'll become more confident in your abilities, you don't like delete it, it's that simple. You can view the pic on your LCD screen or just plug the XT into your TV and just like a slide show, you can see the recent pic on the tube..(even for editing, etc.)

2 months ago I got a new Canon XTi with a Tamron 18-250 zoom lens and love it. Next month I'l be getting a New Canon 580 EX II flash for the XTi.

Check out demos & reviews at www.bhphotovideo.com I have been doing business with them for more then 25 years, great prices and a complete Professional staff on hand for your questions.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How often should I be cleaning my camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment