Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How many pictures can I expect to get with a 1 Gig Memory Card with a 5 Megapixel camera?

30 megapixel camera
 on the new D60 digital SLR camera. Nikon D60 features a 10.2 Megapixel ...
30 megapixel camera image



beehave323


I just bought a PowerShot S2 IS Canon 5 Megapixel camera, I am going on a trip to Ireland next month I plan on taking many pictures. I have a 16Mb SD memory card and have ordered a 1Gig SD card and I was wondering how many pictures on average I can expect to take with the two cards and if I should invest on a new memory card as well because I do not know how available a computer will be. Thank you.


Answer
I have a 1Gig card with a 6megapixel camera and I've gotten as many as 900 on there... but it also had about 30 minutes of video and sound on there as well... you should be pretty set between the 2 cards ! Have fun on your trip !

What's the highest megapixels a camera can have? (what amount is the highest in the world) ?




Simon Legr


I've seen 10 megapixel cameras but I'm sure there are ones higher than that. Please tell me what is the highest amount that technology has enabled us to create.


Answer
In a regular camera format, the Canon 1Ds Mark ll has 16.7 megapixels. It costs $7.000 without lenses.
For studio work, the Hasselblad mentioned above has 39 megapixels on a single sensor. It costs $30.000.
They could go larger... it's really just a matter of time, but for now it's cost prohibitive.
Some people have made 1 GIGApixels images (also mentioned above) but this is accomplished by stitching hundreds of smaller pictures together.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many pictures can I expect to get with a 1 Gig Memory Card with a 5 Megapixel camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment