Saturday, August 31, 2013

Affordable point and shoot that takes high quality photos?

dslr camera wrist strap
 on Camera Wrist Strap Hand Grip FOR Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus SLR ...
dslr camera wrist strap image



reckless.


I would like to buy a DSLR, but I'm in college right now and just can't afford it. I'm looking for a nice point and shoot camera that takes high quality photos.

I currently have a Kodak M883, but pictures taken inside or in low light are horrible. I'm interested in the Canon Powershot a590, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Preferably something less than $200.
Thanks for your responses!



Answer
I just looked at the A590, and it looks like a good camera as long as you have a limit on what you care to spend. It has a viewfinder, which will be very useful if you want to take pics in bright sunlight.

I have had the A540 for over 2 years and it has been a very good camera. Takes great pictures, and I don't need the flash a lot of times when I take pics indoors.

Be sure you get a small case to keep it in, and always use the wrist strap. I recommend the Sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries. They come charged and stay charged out of the camera. Also they seem to last a long time in the camera. I turn off the display sometimes, and that saves on the batteries. You will need to buy a battery charger.

Get a card reader if your computer doesn't have a slot for the memory card. You can put the card into the card reader and then into a USB port on your computer to upload your pictures. That way, you can eliminate using the camera to upload, and save even more on batteries. Have fun!

what is a good camera for family use? best mega pixels?




rains75440


what is the best mega pixel to look for in a camera?


Answer
Rains,

I suggest you get a compact point & shoot or a superzoom "bridge" camera - not a DSLR - for casual family use. They have lots of features and scene modes and you won't have to deal with changing lenses; like you would with a DSLR.

For your stated use & if you don't plan to print very large images I would suggest a 10 megapixel (m.p.) camera. The 10 m.p. will give you some buffer room for editing your images and taking telephoto (long zoom) shots. Even when you 'eat up' some m.p.'s doing either of those things you should still end up with sharp images if you take clear shots.

Canon (SX 30 IS - bridge camera) and Nikon (P100 - bridge) have some very good compact and bridge cameras that you can research to fit your budget. I suggest buying a spare memory card and battery for whatever you get as backup - so neither runs out at a critical moment. Also, use the provided wrist or neck straps. The User Manuals are extremely important to read for camera feature use and for knowing what might break the camera too.

Good luck! Have fun capturing family memories...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Affordable point and shoot that takes high quality photos?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment