Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nikon D40 or Nikon P90?




firedrago9


Nikon D40 is an SLR. It does not have Live View and cannot take videos. It has 6.1 MegaPixels
The Nikon P90 is an Advance Point-and-Shoot. It has Live View. It can take videos. It has 12.1 MegaPixels. It has 24x optical zoom with a wide angle. It has a 3 in. tilting screen.

Nikon D40 and Nikon P90 comparison:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=nikon_cpp90%2Cnikon_d40&show=all


Which is better?



Answer
The D40 is a much better camera period. There is not a point and shoot out there that can beat a DSLR in terms of image quality. This is because DSLR's have much better optics, much larger sensors, full manual control, better faster processors, faster auto focus, and no shutter lag to name just a few things.
The P90 may have more features but it is a point and shoot and suffers from all the drawbacks of them. These include tiny sensors. Which deliver high noise and less detail. The lens may be a 20x zoom but it no way compares to a high quality SLR lens. There is a reason good SLR lenses can easily cost triple what the P90 costs. Also all point and shoots cameras sufferer from shutter lag. This is the time it takes to actually take the picture after you press the shutter release. Shutter lag can vary from maybe a quarter of second to several seconds but they all have it to one degree or another. DSLR's do not really have this problem. The shutter lag of DSLR's is measured in milliseconds. It is almost instantaneous.

Now that is not to say that the P90 may not be a better camera for you. It is a great point and shoot camera. If you want something that is easy to use and offers you the features that you want then it may be the best choice for you. If on the other hand you are willing to learn how to use an SLR effectively then you will notice how much better an SLR can be.

Canon or Nikon?




Nikki B


So I had this GREAT idea,since I like photography and I love going to concerts and get these pictures for these bands I thought why not start it as like a small business,I wouldn't be getting money just something I do for fun.But anyways.I have a Canon PowerShot A560,7.1 megapixels,it takes decent pictures when it wants to and it frustrates me cause when im close to getting the perfect shot,my camera does something to mess it all up.
So now I need to find a good camera that will work with the different lightings that they have at concerts,one that has good quality,and one that won't mess up the perfect shot! if you can reccomend me a camera either Canon or Nikon doesn't matter,as long as it has what I need.and maybe give me it's pros and cons? and links to see the cameras.thanks!
oh and something with high megapixels!
that is a must :)
Ok so the concerts I go to aren't major.
There usually like for bands like All Time Low,Forever The Sickest Kids,The Rocket Summer,Pierce The Veil,30H!3.
and they play at venues that let you have camera but not the pro ones unless yes you have the press pass,which I have no clue how to get.You can have your normal camera like the one I have now,So I mean if I can get a camera like that but with the things I need then it would work for me since im always at the baracade anyways so it makes no difference with me



Answer
First of all, high megapixels is NOT a necessity unless you plan to make large prints. But for an average 4x6 print, you will not even notice the difference. Poor image quality is due to photographer error, and not camera error about 99% of the time (see Ken Rockwells site for more info on that theory). Plus, as it was mentioned, unless you have a press badge, you will not even get in the door with a camera for most - if not all major shows. The closest you will come to a concert with a camera in hand will be at a town, or state fair or something along those lines. But, a MAJOR venue with top of the line bands? Not a chance unless security is doing a very poor job that night.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Nikon D40 or Nikon P90?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment