Monday, March 17, 2014

Digital SLR Camera Rig?




Octet


Hello,
I have just been looking at some pictures of camera rigs for DSLR cameras. They look great and can make anyone look like a professional but why would you need one when taking pictures? I fully understand if you would be running up and down but why would you need one when the aim of the game is to keep it still?

I have a Canon EOS 550D and even though I am going against what I have said I think I may get one but before I do I want to know what it would actually help with?

Thank you
Bad Boy



Answer
By 'rig' do you mean a device used when shooting video with a dSLR? Do you have a link you can share with us?

When shooting still images of sports and using a lens 300 mm or longer, most sports photographers use a monopod and maybe IS or VR lenses.

Here is an example of a shot using a monopod

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/fotomanaz/Answers%20album/?action=view&current=iHUS_9538Cornerii.jpg

If your true goal is to "look professional", then you will need to trade your Canon 550D for a 1Ds, Mark III or Nikon D3s and a few long lenses

Camera rig/tool name or company?




hcfielden


So a while back, i saw this awesome camera rig that changed into a bunch of different tools, like a dolly, a slider, etc. it was pretty small, and yellow. The video for it was a young man setting it up on different objects for different scenarios. Does anyone know what this is? i've searched and searched through my history, but can't find it.


Answer
DSLR video rigs are made by a bunch of different companies such as Red Rock Micro, Opteka, and a bunch of other ones. Just google "DSLR video rig" and you'll find what you want.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Digital SLR Camera Rig?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment