Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DSLR camera tips for a beginner (quite a few questions)?




whoaaaa


I've got a Canon T3 with the 18-55 kit lens.

I've got some questions regarding the camera itself, and questions about personal preferences..

Camera and gear.
1. Is this a good camera for beginners with the lens it has now?
2. What would be a good lens for later when I'm more experienced. A good all around lens; I'm looking for something that gives really sharp images..
3. What actually makes a camera shoot/perform fast?
4. When it comes to pixels.. is this camera going to shoot clear pictures?
5. Anything else you could tell me about this camera like, the features it has and what they mean. Like the sensors and things like that? I read that sensors are more important than pixels..

Personal preferences.
I know that a professional could be given an older camera and take nicer pictures than a beginner with the newest, latest camera. But how? What is it that makes a professional.. a professional? What are some good tips that could help me be a little more creative when taking pictures. I have a really nice park where I live, and ive taken pictures there before.. but they look generic and not very good..

How could I take advantage of the different modes on my camera? Like the manual modes and stuff.


I know I'm asking a bit.. but I really am interested in photography but I don't know where to begin. I plan on just going out and needing around with different modes and getting a hands on feel for the camera and the different features.

I would appreciate it if anyone could put some links to sites that would explain features like aperture for example, and what it is and how to adjust it to make a picture look good.

As you can tell.. pretty big beginner.. if you don't want to answer questions, I would appreciate a site that already has most of this info.. I'm kinda lazy :P



Answer
1) Yes, the 18-55 is the perfect lens for a beginner and so is the T3
2) That depends on what you want to shoot. Don't worry about lenses just yet.
3) (too generic of a question)
4) Higher MP count does not = better image quality. Even though your T3 is an entry-level DSLR, it is capable of producing professional quality images.
5) Read your manual.

Go to your local library and read some of the basic photography books they have. For now, concentrate on learning about the exposure triangle, rule of thirds and composition. Learn what full-manual, shutter speed priority and aperture priority are and when to use them

i want a dslr camera but i want to take video also...?




JTP


I am looking into buying a nikon brand dslr camera but the following i want this camera:

*fast shooting maybe 3 frames per second?
*to take video (but how long does the video usually last?)
*should i still purchase a camcorder if my dslr is good on video?

and also what is all this talk about you need to buy the warranty for the camera?
and how your dslr camera doesn't last because it eventually loses its speed?
I'm not understanding what people mean by that

the main reason i will be using my dslr is for my 18 month old she moves way too fast for my lame point and shot camera and i always miss her smiling and all the good stuff and the pictures of my point and shot are blurry because she moves a lot!! wanna get good pictures..
*and also where do you go to develop your dslr photos? like cvs?
*will the quality of my camera show off in there crappy machines they have?
*do i have to pay more for the photos?

thanks!! :)

ON THE ROAD TO PURCHASING A NEW DSLR CAMERA YAY!!



Answer
Hey,

- DSLR doesnt last it loses speed

What the..That's when people with no knowledge about DSLR start talking and then a beginner reads it and wonders what is it. DSLR can last 1 day or 20 years if you know how to use it. They start working slower after ~100.000+ shots which is something that most of you will never get. Sports photographers can take up to 1000 photos a day. You will probably take one day 0, next day 100, then 20. So you're good for years.

All have 3fps+. This is the minimum standard on Canon and Nikon DSLRs today. All new ones have video and you can record at some to 4min and at Canons to 12min. But who makes a ~8min long clip? You pause and continue with another one.

Here's a post called 'Buying a DSLR, what's important, megapixels, features, brand, price, quality, and which one to get - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/03/which-dslr-to-buy.html

I recommend Canon EOS T2i and Nikon D3100 or D90.

Good luck! That site has more tutorials, tips and reviews

Here's a review of the T2i: http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2010/06/canon-eos-550dt2i-dslr-review.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: DSLR camera tips for a beginner (quite a few questions)?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment