Tuesday, December 24, 2013

How to get pictures in 300 dpi?

16 megapixel camera sony
 on ... most. I am a self-confessed digital camera junky and i also love this
16 megapixel camera sony image



Andrea


I have to take photos from a book of certain places and they state the photos have to be 700 dpi, but it seems all of my photos default to 72 dpi once uploaded. Do I have to change the setting on my camera or is there something I can do after uploading it to get it to 300 dpi?

Camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V 16.2 Megapixel with 16x optical zoom.



Answer
dpi is a printing term. What you have displayed on your monitor has nothing to do with dpi. The number you are seeing is the default display resolution of your monitor, not the "dpi" of the image.

dpi only comes into play when you print the image, and really doesn't mean anything there like it used to. Back in the bad old days of fixed resolution printers, 300dpi was all they had. Most inkjets can do over 1,000 dpi print resolution now... but that doesn't mean you have to set anything to make it happen.

Basically, if your photos are going to be sent digitally, you just send them. If they are going to be printed, you tell the printer driver what size print to produce, and it will do the rest. There is no reason at all for you to mess with resolutions in Photoshop, or any other software.

What camera will give me the best photo quality?




Andrea


I'm torn between two cameras still. I've read the pros, the cons, but it just comes down to this.

What will give me the best photo quality?

A Canon dslr or a canon PowerShot sx50?

I know dslr lenses are expensive. but when it really comes down to it... what's going to give me the best quality photo?

Wildlife, closeups, landscapes, etc.

And... I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V now. Minus the 16x optical zoom vs. 50... would I see a better, worse or same picture quality with the Canon PowerShot? I think the sony is 16.4 megapixel and the Canon is a 12.1.

I'm not a photographer professionally, I just need to take the best quality photo I can of locations I study for a book I'm writing that is about to be published. The publisher wants good pictures of the locations for each chapter.

The photos I took on the Sony just aren't fitting the bill. So I want something better than the Sony and I just don't know if the PowerShot will be more of the same which is why dslr is still on the table.

So basically... which is better?!?!?!?!?!?!?!



Answer
If you buy the powershot, you will just be flushing money right down the toilet. It has nothing to do with brands or models numbers. A dSLR will crush your sony cybershot or any Canon powershot because the image sensor will have at least 12 times the surface area of the image sensor found in those cameras.

big zoom numbers and big megapixel numbers are only there to sell more cameras, not to give you better image quality. Camera companies are more interested in your money than delivering high image quality. so you need to know a few things if you want better image quality.

Either get a dSLR or a compact camera with a large sensor, they are known as ILC cameras, the Sony NEX 3N is a good place to start. It looks like a small camera but it has a massive dSLR type image sensor in it. Same thing goes for zoom lenses, big zoom numbers don't mean better, it just means more reach. The best, sharpest lenses don't even zoom.

start here http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Alpha-NEX-3N-Interchangeable-Lens-Camera-16-50mm-Lens/en/p/NEX3NL/W




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to get pictures in 300 dpi?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment