Wednesday, December 25, 2013

How do I determine what camera to buy?

16 megapixel camera
 on Canon - PowerShot SX160 IS 16.0-Megapixel Digital Camera -... | Shop ...
16 megapixel camera image



Intentiona


I was looking at cameras in the store and I seen a 10 and a 16 megapixel camera. Would the 16 megapixel one be better? What features do I need to look for when buying a digital camera?
10 and 16 megapixel cameras are the only ones I seen.
Okay everyone is getting caught up in telling me that megapixels don't really matter. I get it now, so I need to know what else to look for when buying a camera. BTW 10 megapixels is the lowest I can find.



Answer
I seriously doubt you will have much of any practical use for anything more than 10. All you get from more pixels is a bigger picture with more focused details. 10 mp is way more than is useful on anything smaller than a full-sized screen image.

*I never use more than 3mp on my camera.

Why does my IPhone with 8 megapixels take better pictures than my 16 megapixel camera?




Michelle S


I got a new camera with 16 megapixels and i was expecting an amazing shot taken by that camera but my IPhone 4 takes better pictures and it has 8 megapixels. Why is that? Some one please tell me.


Answer
Manufacturers love to tout their megapixel numbers because most people think more is better. In digital photography (as in many other things in life) more isn't automatically better. There are many other factors to consider: Quality of the sensor (instead of quantity of elements - size, speed of moving signals, sensitivity to light which impacts noise, etc); the lighting of each situation; lens quality; knowledge and experience of the photographer; luck - these are all variables. Read the following for an eye-opening debunking of pixel count:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

So let this be instructive for future purchases - don't just look at pixel count! While it does matter, it is only one (fairly small) variable out of many much larger, more important parts of the equation...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I determine what camera to buy?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment