Thursday, September 12, 2013

I take better pictures on a camera than my iPhone?

12 megapixel camera how many photos
 on Samsung Digital Cameras price list with features
12 megapixel camera how many photos image



I Am Me


I was looking through some pictures..well taking pictires and my camera on my iPhone, it didn't seem to be pretty clear and it didn't look like me. So I took about 2 pictires of my on my 12 megapixel camera and they al looked good. Why is that? When I take a picture on a polarid/ kodak camera I look really better, but in my iohone it looks different. And my iPhone pictures don't look bad but on my camera I can take one photo and look like I do in the mirror. I am a model so I do find this weird.


Answer
Most phones do not have good cameras. I remember a friend told me that there phone did but it wasn't an iPhone. The better the lens, the better the camera. I don't like heavy cameras because I move and ruin the shot. So a light weight camera is the best. Do a comparison on line but I'm sure it will take you some time to do

How do I take pictures/videotape the night sky?




YourGodIsS


I have an Olympus Stylus-9000 12 megapixel camera (nothing fancy, not a professional camera) And I'm really interested in sky watching, but I cant take pictures because its too dark and you cant see anything. So is there some way I can mess with the camera settings to make it see the stars and stuff?


Answer
I'm going to be honest with you, shooting the night sky is not as easy as one might think. There are many factors other than your camera that make a difference.

First off, your eyes are much more sensitive to light than your camera is. While you might think stars are bright, your camera doesn't. Your brain also does a terrific job of separating things that are bright and things that are dark, and tells your eyes to make bright things look darker, and dark things to look brighter, so you end up seeing a balanced photo.

Cameras aren't so smart. Well, not yet at least. Ever wonder why shadows in afternoon sunlight look so much darker on your camera than they did when you saw them with your own eyes? Things that we might not think are very bright or significant make a much bigger difference on a camera. This is especially true when shooting pictures at night. Light sources like city lights and the moon are actually really bright and will hide away the stars from your image.

So, the first thing you need to watch out for when taking starfield photos are other sources of light, especially the moon. The best results are on a new moon. And try to get as far from the city as possible. You'll also need to wait quite a while after dusk.

The other thing is your camera. You're almost definitely going to need to use manual settings on your camera, most cameras don't have a preset for star field photography. If you've ever tried manual settings, you may have discovered the "ISO" menu. A higher ISO is more sensitive to light, and a lower ISO is less sensitive to light. High ISOs are typically better because you can take pictures handheld without shaking, but lower ISOs have a clearer image that doesn't look as grainy (lots of tiny little dots in the picture). One might expect that you should use a high ISO when shooting at night, but it is in fact quite the opposite. High ISOs make dark parts of the image look super-grainy, so your black sky will be littered with tiny dots. To avoid this, you'll need a way to stabilize your camera (a tripod is usually best, but you can get creative) and use a low ISO to keep the dark sky smooth. I'd use ISO 200, but I suggest you don't go higher than ISO 800 if you absolutely need to go higher. Turn off the flash and use a slow shutter speed (15-30 seconds is usually enough, depending on how clear your sky is).

The last thing that can be a problem (if you do everything else right) is your actual camera. Small cameras like yours are great for about 90% of images, but unfortunately starfields may fall under the 10%. Most portable cameras (exceptions include the Fuji X100 and Leica X1) have a really small image sensor, so they don't characterize tiny light sources (stars are basically point sources) very well. I know this isn't what you're going to want to hear, but slide film actually works best for starfield photography. But that isn't saying your camera is incapable, especially if you pay close attention to the light. The most important factor is the light that may be polluting your image. While the camera may be an issue, its not the deciding factor (its almost never the camera's fault, almost always the light you throw at it).

As far as video goes, I have little advice other than to take multiple photos and put them together as a movie. Most of the dazzling starfield videos you see are done this way.


Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I take better pictures on a camera than my iPhone?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment