Sunday, November 10, 2013

How do I dry out a camera lens that got wet?

dslr camera lens repair
 on Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens ...
dslr camera lens repair image



chalkboard


There are small water droplets on the elements sealed inside the lens.


Answer
I'm a real beginner and the Canon digital rebel is my first DSLR. I'd been having fun with it until a recent holiday where I got caught in the rain with my camera and it got wet. I dried it out thoroughly and downloaded the photo's I'd taken. Since then it has been coming up with an Error 99 message. First it displays the setting for the last photo I took, then the error message. Nothing happens when I press the shutter. I have tried the recommended tricks of cleaning the battery connectors as well as those for the lens, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Answers
Bob Atkins , Sep 12, 2005; 10:05 a.m.

There's not much you can do. If you've cleaned the battery and lens contacts properly, that's about all you can do.

What happens if you don't have a lens attached? If you still get a 99 error it can't be the lens contacts and it's very unlikely to be battery contacts.

At that point, all you can do is send it in for repair. Water damage isn't covered by the warranty I'm afraid.

Conrad Erb - Philadelphia, PA, Sep 12, 2005; 10:58 a.m.

This might be totally obvious...but take out the battery, keep the battery door open, remove memory card, keep that door open, take off the lens, etc, etc, etc, and don't touch it for a week.

It might be useless, but maybe it just needs a LONG time to dry out.

yes, you will get dust in, but it's worth a soht.

I'm assuming that you were not in the regions of the world where saltwater falls from the sky... :-)

I remember once when a friend and I were at a beach in Cuba, hanging out in knee high water. She tripped and fell and her Nikon was submerged for a short time. Never made it back to normal, I'm afraid :-(

Where can I buy a new lens for my canon g10?

Q. I need to change my camera's lens, because the one it has stopped working the other day. Does somebody know where I can get it online?


Answer
The G10 is a point-and-shoot camera, meaning that the lens is fixed and can't be switched out for another one. If you want the option of interchangeable lenses then you'll want an SLR/DSLR.

Since your lens isn't working anymore you may want to get it professionally fixed. Contact Canon and get an estimate of the repair cost. If the repair cost is more than what you originally paid for the camera, I'd suggest purchasing a new one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I dry out a camera lens that got wet?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment