Friday, October 18, 2013

Will a Tripod that supports 13lbs support a dslr on an 8 foot jibcrane?

dslr camera jib
 on inch 1080p on Camera Crane Jib Field Monitor DSLR HDMI VGA w F970 ...
dslr camera jib image



Christian


I'm thinking of buying this tripod http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MVH502A-546BK-Tripod-Mvh502A/dp/B005ZMWSC6/ref=sr_1_4?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1363745429&sr=1-4 with this jib crane http://www.amazon.com/ProAm-USA-DVC210-Camera-Crane/dp/B008CFY92K/ref=sr_1_8?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1363745891&sr=1-8 any suggestions. I like the price on the jib crane, and the length. If I have to buy a more expensive tripod I will.


Answer
It depends on the jib/crane + camera + lenses + mics + lights + the counterweights + anything else that will add to the weight that the tripod needs to support.

I use a Kessler crane + Hercules head on a K-Pod for a HDR-FX1 + all sorts of stuff. I can jump on the K-Pod and it is rock steady. I know nothing will collapse because of weight.

â¢Â Best Prosumer Level Camera for under $2000 & Advice â¢?




Tyler P


Hello Reader.

I'm a film student and I'm currently looking for a Prosumer Level Video Camcorder with a budget of $2,000. Our needs will be some outdoor footage, though nothing too fast-paced or demanding, some interviews, green-screen, and some indoor, on-set filming. Main use would be on a Camera Jib/Crane.

-I would like one that looks, and feels professional.

-I would like a Prosumer Camcorder, not a DSLR.

-I would perfer a camcorder with Digital Recording for SD Cards, but I can work with Mini DV Tapes and record with a FireStore. But I would perfer SD recording over DV as it is more economically feasible.

-Now tell me, would it be better to purchase a camera that can record onto SD Cards, or a camera with DV Tapes, with a flash storage FireStore. Which would be better quality? Remember, I need to transfer this footage onto a Computer.


Requirements:

â¢XLR Inputs
â¢Full 1920 x 1080p HD Resolution
â¢POWER Zoom
â¢High Definition Video Capture
â¢View Finder & LCD Screen
â¢Display Output (For External Video Displays)
â¢LANC Remote Input (Optional)
â¢Cinematone Gamma/Color
â¢High Frames per Second (Optional)
â¢Good in Low-Light Conditions (Optional)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time, have a nice day.



Answer
The advice provided to you at CNET is sound

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7594_102-593620/best-prosumer-level-camera-for-under-2000-advice-8226/?tag=contentBody;threadListing




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will a Tripod that supports 13lbs support a dslr on an 8 foot jibcrane?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment