Saturday, October 19, 2013

Which is the better camera?

dslr camera lense guide
 on What is a macro lens - Is your DSLR camera lens a macro lens if it has ...
dslr camera lense guide image



Shane


I'm looking to buy my wife a new camera because she's well overdue for one. I've been researching and I'm highly interested in the Nikon 1 series. I just don't know exactly which camera I want to get her. I basically want to get the most bang for my buck. From my understanding the quality goes from the S series, to the J series and then the V series being the best? There's a special going on at many places right now for the Nikon S1 with a 11-27.5mm lense and then a 30-110mm VR lense for like $600. I was wondering if that's a good deal or will paying the extra money for a J series like the J3 and an extra length lense worth the money?


Answer
First, anyone calling mirror-less cameras "... glorified point & shoots ..." shouldn't be taken too seriously. Yes, there are some on here who spend a great deal of time gnashing their teeth and wringing their hands criticizing mirror-less cameras while apparently forgetting that at one time in the history of photography all cameras were mirror-less. They were called view cameras and used sheets of film such as 8x10 or 5x7. Later, after the invention of 35mm film, rangefinder cameras were introduced. The Leica brand was the gold standard of rangefinder cameras. (Note: Many who now denigrate mirror-less cameras were, a few short years ago, equally dismissive of DSLR cameras with Live View and video capability.)

Look at this article:
http://www.shutterbug.com/content/photography-orest-macina-seeing-magic-macro Look at the images. Now look at the awesome, sophisticated cameras he used to make those images - an Olympus SP-565UZ and an Olympus FE-370. In my opinion having your images published in a major photography magazine when using such relatively humble cameras says a lot about mirror-less cameras and point & shoot cameras and definitely proves that "It isn't the camera its the photographer."

So if you've read reviews of the Nikon 1 models and looked at examples of pictures made with them and find them satisfactory then let your budget be your guide.

I want to buy a lense for my Nikon D5100 but I don't understand anything from all these camera terms?!?




Monica Sil


THE TYPES OF PICTURES I WANT TO TAKE: I really want 2 CHEAP lenses 1 for landscape (so wide-view) and 1 for portraits or such thing. Mainly, I will be taking pictures of people, beautiful places, etc. I don't have a big budget and I am ONLY a beginner photographer, so I'm only looking for 2 lenses that are better than the one that comes with my camera. Thank you in advance! :)


Answer
Hi,

It's all easy to understand, so don't worry. Lenses don't understand beautiful places, bad places - they're either made out of good quality glass and then it depends on your skills.

Lenses I recommend are 10-24mm, 18-105mm, 55-200mm and more.

Here's a Lens Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/buying-a-lens/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which is the better camera?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment