Monday, October 28, 2013

Which Memory card should I get for my DSLR when recording video?

16 megapixel camera 4gb card
 on Combo of Nikon Coolpix L26 16.1 MP Digital Camera with 4GB Memory Card ...
16 megapixel camera 4gb card image



Rebel Alli


I received a Canon Rebel T4i/650d as a gift and I want to use it mainly for taking video. I want to avoid getting the error "movie recording has stopped automatically" since my friends have encountered it. What SD Card should I buy? What size, how many MBs, what class and does the brand matter? Also could you explain why the error happens? Is it because of the camera's sensor,battery or does it stop recording solely because of the memory card?


Answer
I agree with Jim A about SDHC Class 10 - preferably with a high write speed like the Sandisk Extreme cards. I disagree about using multiple cards. What's the point of splitting your video over 2 smaller cards. If one card fails you've only got 1/2 a video, which is pretty much useless. SD cards do fail, so it's good to have a backup, but I've never had one fail on me yet. If you are that concerned about failure take a hard drive backup device with you.

The difference in cost between 8GB, 16GB and 32GB means I rarely buy less than 16GB these days and usually 32GB. The combination of raw files and video can fill a 16GB card pretty quickly.

For video I wouldn't use a DSLR anyway. A proper camcorder would give you proper power-zoom which no DSLR can do. It would also be less likely to record camera noises such as AF. The AF on camcorders is usually smoother and faster and doesn't hunt as much. DSLRs are really not the best tool for shooting video. Why spend out on a 16 megapixel sensor when 1080p only needs 2MP?

Most DSLRs won't allow you to video for more than 30 minutes without a break whatever card you use. First of all the file systems on the cards are 32bit, so don't allow more than 4GB in a single file. Secondly there seems to be a lot of speculation that there are additional EU import duties if the camera can record more than about 30 minutes in a single go because then it is treated as a video camera. The third thing is keeping a sensor live for that length of time can cause overheat problems. Most top-end DSLRs can cope with that but cheaper ones may restrict maximum record length even further to ensure it's not a problem.

What type of memory card do I need for me polaroid camera?




Melo


my camera is a polaroid i835,8.0 megapixels
my b-day is coming up and i want 2 take pics at my party
maybe can it be at a low price
thank u if u have any answers



Answer
At this website, http://www.dyncomputerservices.com/servlet/the-10122/Polaroid-i835-8MP-3x/Detail, it says it takes up to 4 gig sd cards, NOT an sdhc card. If I were you I'd buy this one:
http://www.flash-memory-store.com/qmemory-sd-150x-4gb.html for 16 bucks.
Check to see if you have a 32MB card in your camera now, and see if it is the same shape as the 4 gig one above. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Memory card should I get for my DSLR when recording video?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment