Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Which is the best DSLR bag which is rain proof and can fit in a laptop & a tripod?

dslr camera harness
 on Al�a De Ombro Quick Strap P/ Cameras Dslr Sony Canon Nikon - R$ 79,90 ...
dslr camera harness image






I have bought a 60D recently and Im searching for a bag that will take in my DSLR along with a laptop slot & a tripod which needs to be rain proof? I dont want anything costly or anything, something really simple and cheap. Which one should I go for?


Answer
All of Think Tank's bags have "raincoats", and many can hold a laptop and strap a tripod. Two I can think of are the StreetWalker Harddrive, and Urban Disguise 50 V2 (you need version 2 for the tripod straps). While they are not necessarily cheap, they are built well and have a lifetime warranty. So they are cheap over time.

Other brands, such as Tamrac offers several bags, including the Excursion (the large bag especially), with a raincoat, laptop, and tripod mount, as well as the Expedition 5, 6, etc. The Expedition series does not have a raincoat, but rather uses seals around the zippers and waterproof materials so you don't need one.

Of course, there are also offerings from LowePro, Tenba, and others.

However, may of the other brands are as costly as Think Tank bags, and without a lifetime warranty; which is one reason why I have gone to Think Tank bags.

But with any of these bags, check to make sure your laptop will fit. Many bags advertise they can hold a bigger laptop than they actually can.

This is one time you should go to a camera store rather than purchasing on-line. The camera store will probably let you test fit your laptop, camera, etc. on the bag to make sure it is the correct size.

One warning:

If you buy a bag that can hold everything, you will end up with a bag that is too heavy.

So I buy a bag a bit smaller as I just put the stuff in it for the day. That requires me to select which lenses I need, and results in leaving my battery chargers home - as I carry a second battery instead, and so on.

Since you are looking for a bag for a laptop, you are probably on the verge of having a bag that is too heavy. In this case, I would only buy something that is a backpack, or something that can be converted to a backpack like Think Tank's Urban Disguise 50 V2 (with the shoulder harness attachment). A shoulder bag with a laptop in it is going to be heavy.

I do have one bag that will hold a laptop, that I use for vacation and travel, as that is the only time I take both camera and computer. The bag is a Think Tank Airport International, which is a rolling suitcase kind of bag. And I also take a small day bag as well, as the large bag becomes the "mother ship" carrying the stuff I think I will need on the trip, and the day bag only holds the camera and another lens, which will be all I take each day.

If it sounds complicated, here is a video:

http://www.althephoto.com/gear/airport.php

What is a camera that looks really fancy?




Billian


I want a medium quality digital camera that looks like a DSLR. It's sort of a weird request, but I think it would be cool to look like I had a cool expensive camera.


Answer
You might be interested in 'bridge cameras', which have DSLR features but use a permanently-attached lens. Example series include:
- Canon PowerShot G and SX
- Nikon Coolpix P
- Olympus SP
- Panasonic DMC-FX, -FZ

I think the other guys are misinterpreting "medium quality". "Medium format" refers to cameras that have sensors larger than 35mm, and as such are much higher quality.

[add] lol, one of the idiot spammers thinks you're asking about medium size dog harnesses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which is the best DSLR bag which is rain proof and can fit in a laptop & a tripod?
Rating: 92% based on 9788 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment